Can't Find a Micro ATX to ATX converter Help Please.

kavic

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Hey I need some help finding something no sure if it even exists. I'm looking for a 24 pin micro atx to 24 pin atx converter. So basicly I want to use a atx PSU with a motherboard that has a 24 pin micro atx connector. Anyhelp with finding one or getting that to work would be really helpfull.

The 24 pin motherboard connection on micro-atx, atx, and extended atx motherboards are identical due to the international standards that were adopted years ago. Any atx power supply with a 24 pin conector or 20+4 pin connector can be used with any atx motherboard. My backup motherboard is a micro-atx board with a 24 pin power connector. I connect it to a Corsair atx power supply. No problem!

What is the brand and model of your motherboard? What is the make and model of your power supply? If you could provide that information we could better advise you.

Years ago most of the name brand off the shelf systems used proprietary components so people were forced to buy replacement and upgrade parts from them. That changed with the adoption of international standards.

kavic

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
The motherboard is a M2M61-AR it came out of HP Pavillion Slimline. The PSU is a Delta Electronics SlimLine PSU the model number for the PSU in question is DPS-160QB A. The 24 pin connection on that PSU is smaller than the regulare ATX 24 pins. So a normal ATX PSU wont fit.

kavic

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009

Thank you, You just saved me from having to pay 60-100$.

novacham

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I need an adapter with a female mini 24pin connector and normal 24pin male connector.

Basically to plug an HP power supply into a normal ATX motherboard, anyone know where I can find one?

TRENDING THREADS