Sand Shields vs Sand Casters

Sand Shields do not make Sand Casters useless vs Fighters.

The number of Fighters the Sand Caster would have normally killed is
merely reduced to:
Hits = Hits * Rnd

So instead of killing 100 Fighters, you would kill from 0 to 99.

Not as deadly, sure.

Useless, no.
6 answers Last reply
More about sand shields sand casters

    You're doing a great job on the fighters in the wiki Amarnthine, that's
    for sure.
    Very nice info indeed.

    Jochen

    Sure. This is one of the most interesting page at the Wiki. There´s some
    light in the dark unknown thing called fighters:)

    Great Job.

    Greetings
    Sebastian

    Amaranthine schrieb:
    > Sand Shields do not make Sand Casters useless vs Fighters.
    >
    > The number of Fighters the Sand Caster would have normally killed is
    > merely reduced to:
    > Hits = Hits * Rnd
    >
    > So instead of killing 100 Fighters, you would kill from 0 to 99.
    >
    > Not as deadly, sure.
    >
    > Useless, no.

    Wow! Thanks for Info.

    Well, I wonder what I really get here for 75.000mc/5.000mc...

    GFM GToeroe

    GFM GToeroe ha escrito:

    > Amaranthine schrieb:
    > > Sand Shields do not make Sand Casters useless vs Fighters.
    > >
    > > The number of Fighters the Sand Caster would have normally killed is
    > > merely reduced to:
    > > Hits = Hits * Rnd
    > >
    > > So instead of killing 100 Fighters, you would kill from 0 to 99.
    > >
    > > Not as deadly, sure.
    > >
    > > Useless, no.
    > >
    > Wow! Thanks for Info.
    >
    > Well, I wonder what I really get here for 75.000mc/5.000mc...
    >
    > GFM GToeroe

    Yes Gabor, now and as a result of my last combat, it's completely
    absurd pay for this exotic.

    Bye

    Osc 828

    No I disagree, on testing, with large wings and fair number of them in
    a big battle including ships,
    this exotic makes a big difference.

    It is still very worth while to get sand shields for your fighters.
    They do noticeably last longer against ships with sand castors.
    Less effective then b4 in older host sure but still better then if no
    sand shields.
    Of course this might depend on the fighters involved.
    U will have 2 decide for your predicament if it is worthwhile or not.

    Cheers.
    Leeroy.

    Sand Casters used to be much more powerful. Wasn't it possible to wipe
    out a wing with a single shot previously? Now it is limited to between
    2% and 20% per shot (depending on armor), or triple that for wings with
    more than 1000 of a single type.

    As they are now, Sand Shields will stop, on average, half of your
    losses. That is still substantial.

    As a side note, don't bother using Sand Casters against EE fighters or
    bother buying Sand Shields as EE. Each shot will, at most, only take
    out a single fighter of each type per shot (60% chance of each fighter
    not being effected). Similarly, Robot Type 1s only take 50% normal
    losses (reduce to 25% with S_Shields), Type 2s only take 30% normal
    losses (15% with S_Shields) and Type 3s only lose a maximum of 5 per
    shot (90% chance of taking 0 losses),

Games Video Games