Dell Latitude CPi-A BIOS upgrade from Win98 to XP

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 16, 2005 12:36:07 PM

My Dell Latitude CPi-A 366 MHz battery seems to have stopped working
when I upgraded from Windows 98 to XP. I assume I need to upgrade my
BIOS from version 09 to 15, but the flash requires that I have a
working battery and since the battery isn't being recognized, I can't
flash the new BIOS. I tried to switch to Windows 98SE in order to
update the BIOS (thinking I would then update to XP) but since I
started from a fresh XP install, I can't go backwards to 98. I'd
rather not reformat my hard drive and start all over again.
Any suggestions???
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 16, 2005 8:32:51 PM

Date: 16 Apr 2005 08:36:07 -0700

My Dell Latitude CPi-A 366 MHz battery seems to have stopped
working when I upgraded from Windows 98 to XP. I assume I need to
upgrade my BIOS from version 09 to 15, but the flash requires that
I have a working battery and since the battery isn't being
recognized, I can't flash the new BIOS. I tried to switch to
Windows 98SE in order to update the BIOS (thinking I would then
update to XP) but since I started from a fresh XP install, I can't
go backwards to 98. I'd rather not reformat my hard drive and start
all over again. Any suggestions???

If you have a Windows 95/98 StartUp or a bootable DOS floppy disk just
might do the trick. Many of those W98 install CDs are also bootable.

Cheers!

Bill (using a HP AMD 1.2GHZ & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000
!