Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Why belkin F7D4401 cannot connect through wireless?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 25, 2010 2:37:36 PM

My belkin F7D4401 is able to connect to the internet only through LAN cable.
Each time, I manage to search for the modem through the wireless list but it never able to get connected, let alone connect to internet through wireless setup.

I'm managing the wireless through windows. Have tried deleted all prefered networks in the list and try connect. Still NG.
Have also tried connect using the Intel Proset software. NG.
Belkin user support is not able to provide much help.

I have also updated to the latest firmware.

Can anyone help?
a b F Wireless
October 26, 2010 4:35:23 AM

Quote:
My belkin F7D4401 is able to connect to the internet only through LAN cable.
Each time, I manage to search for the modem through the wireless list but it never able to get connected, let alone connect to internet through wireless setup.

I'm managing the wireless through windows. Have tried deleted all prefered networks in the list and try connect. Still NG.
Have also tried connect using the Intel Proset software. NG.
Belkin user support is not able to provide much help.

I have also updated to the latest firmware.

Can anyone help?


[#0005ff]At what stage does it fall over? Are you getting to the point where you're asked to input a security key?[/#000ff]

m
0
l
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 26, 2010 2:44:34 PM

Saga Lout said:
[#0005ff]At what stage does it fall over? Are you getting to the point where you're asked to input a security key?[/#000ff]


after much trying and web surfing, i think i manage to overcome the problem.
i'm pretty sure it's the modem setting issue as my smart phone also not able to connect to it.

finally i tried to change the SSID channel from 2 to 11.
also, for better recognition, i change to SSID name from the default belkin name to something i'm able to recognize.

it's working ok so far.

but i still don't understand the logic behind the channel change.
i do not see a conflict between the original SSID channel of 2 with others.
m
0
l
a b F Wireless
October 26, 2010 4:36:20 PM

Quote:
after much trying and web surfing, i think i manage to overcome the problem.
i'm pretty sure it's the modem setting issue as my smart phone also not able to connect to it.

finally i tried to change the SSID channel from 2 to 11.
also, for better recognition, i change to SSID name from the default belkin name to something i'm able to recognize.

it's working ok so far.

but i still don't understand the logic behind the channel change.
i do not see a conflict between the original SSID channel of 2 with others.



A lot of wireless adapters will be set to roam the channels seeking the best signal. In your own wireless adapters setting, look for that or for automatic. I'm not familiar with your particular Belkin router but if it gives you better service on Channel 11, so be it. The mobile telephone is another matter. My Samsung i900 wanders tart like into anyone's network if it isn't secured so it can't be too fussy about channels..

m
0
l
Related resources
!