w00dy

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I recently built a computer. And after I built it I loaded on Windows 7 and all my other software. Computer would boot up and shut down great. Then the next day after being assembled it would not turn on. Well it turned on just no display to the monitor. The fans all would power up and led lights were green. Everything seemed to be operating normal just my monitor reading "NO DISPLAY". The monitor works because I hooked it up to my older computer and I was able to see a display. So I sent back the motherboard (reading online that it could be dead) and sent back the processor for a replacement. I recently received the new motherboard and processor, installed it and with no luck same thing.

When booting up I could not see the POST, BIOS, anything. And there were no beeps. Could it be my graphics card? I know its not my memory because I had a friend test it out in his build, and it is compatible with my board.

System Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS M4A79XTD
Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz
Ram: Ripjaw 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600
Video Card: Radeon 6950
Hard Drive: 90 GB SSD and 1 TB Western Digital Black
Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W

Could I have grounded out my motherboard? And would that cause this error?

Welcome, Newcomer. The likely problems (in order) is:

1. Short circuit - build the rig outside of the case to eliminate possible case shorts.
2. GPU - To verify this, you'd have to test the GPU in a known-working system; or use a known-working GPU from a different system in your system; or
3. PSU - The PSU may be faulty. Testing it with a digital volt/multimeter would be best.

Click on the link in my signature for more tips.

jb6684

Distinguished
Did you get beeps before when booting? (some people assume they Have a speaker, did you install one?)

We'll you replaced the CPU, MB, and tested the RAM...... is the GREEN LED on the motherboard lite? (Stand-by power indicator)

Sorry, gotta ask, is the 4 or 8 pin CPU power ATX connector hooked up?

Try you video card or motherboard off your friends system. If video doesn't work, its the video card. If the motherboard works at you friends, then its your Power Supply....

You did check the number of brass standoff on your cases MB tray? Should match the number of hole in the MB. AND, each one should line up. ALSO, check that the heads on the screws holding down the MB don't overlap an lines / traces on the MB....

w00dy

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
So I found out the problem. After talking to my buddy I decided to just hook up the mobo, cpu, and video card with power and turn on. It worked I had video. I started to plug pin by pin to find out what was the deal. I found a bad wire on my Reset pin. When it was pinned in, it would cause me to have no display and not even power up the CPU. So it is resolved thnx for the help.