Sign in with
Your question

Help me with my intel core i3

Last response: in CPUs
June 26, 2011 2:32:38 PM

i have intel core i3
intel dh55tc motherboard

some months ago... i overclocked my processor to 3.7ghz... and used it for a month... then when i tried to restore defaults.... it never went to defaults... like i set my FSB to 140 and multiplier to 23.... but when i press "F9" to reload the defaults... it raises the FSB to 163.... don't know why? i tried updating BIOS... nothing happened.... removing CMOS battery then again inserting it... no change...
help me guys....

there is no problem causing with this... but i am worried if something happens... i should be able to bring the thing back to defaults....

More about : intel core

a b à CPUs
June 26, 2011 3:54:55 PM

How long did you leave the battery out for?

Have you tryed shorting it?(CMOS reset)

m
l
June 26, 2011 5:53:52 PM

purple stank said:
How long did you leave the battery out for?

Have you tryed shorting it?(CMOS reset)

well i removed the battery for 5-6 minutes

and CMOS reset? you mean load default settings? then yes... i have tried that... i think no one knows the answer of this question...

:(  :(  :( 
m
l
Related resources
a c 83 à CPUs
June 26, 2011 6:32:17 PM

rohan123 said:
well i removed the battery for 5-6 minutes

and CMOS reset? you mean load default settings? then yes... i have tried that... i think no one knows the answer of this question...

:(  :(  :( 

Try leaving the battery out for a good 15minutes, while the computer is unplugged.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2011 6:35:33 PM

It's called a jumper.You short out the 2 pins and it resets the BIOS.Taking the Battery out will cause the same effect but sometimes you just need to short the jumpers.Their should be something about it in the motherboards manual.

But try the battery again and do as ninja said and make sure everything power related is unplugged.
m
l
June 27, 2011 1:27:05 AM

purple stank said:
It's called a jumper.You short out the 2 pins and it resets the BIOS.Taking the Battery out will cause the same effect but sometimes you just need to short the jumpers.Their should be something about it in the motherboards manual.

But try the battery again and do as ninja said and make sure everything power related is unplugged.

i will try all your advice guys!!!
m
l
June 27, 2011 2:43:38 PM

it didn't helped guys!!
m
l
!