EVGA SC GTX 570 vs PALIT SONIC GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpgram

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Hello,
Can you guys help me decide which brand to take?

The PALIT card is overclocked slightly higher than the EVGA and has 2 fans.

But EVGA has really good reputation. So I'm torn between the two, do me a favor and help me please!

O, and Singaporean here and both brands have warranty of two years by the local distributors if I ain't wrong.

So help me kind souls of tomshardware community! Thanks! :D

These are two very different cards, despite both being GTX570's.

The EVGA features the stock cooler, which is excellent, quiet, and vents heat outside the case.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/39912-evga-geforce-gtx-570-superclocked-review.html

The Palit Sonic Platinum has a custom cooler that keeps the card very cool and quiet, but vents heat inside the case.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/palit-geforce-gtx-570-sonic-platinum-review/
For comparison, this card is similar to the EVGA from the same reviewer: http://www.guru3d.com/article/point-of-view-gtx-570-tgt-ultra-charged-review/

You could really go with either one. For me, it really is a toss up, so maybe warranties and extras will be the deciding factor.

bpgram

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

bpgram

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Yes, but the life-time warranty is only applicable to products bought in the US.

However, I would be buying my parts in Singapore and for both cards, the local distributor has only 2 year warranty for both cards. Thus making my decision that much harder.

So with the same 2-year warranty on both cards, which would you choose? Thanks!

I'm going to go with; Singapore is a hot climate, so get the EVGA card that vents heat outside the case. How's that for a rationale? There's also a couple guys on these forums that always say never to get the Palit cards, for some reason. Maybe they know something. Everyone likes the EVGA's.

G

I think that the Palit is better because it's got two fans, 2MHz extra over the EVGA, not sure if that even matters,
it's got a custom cooler different than the standard.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Then get the one suitable for your case.

Palit's cooler would be superior if you have a very well ventilated case such as HAF922; otherwise, EVGA's reference cooler would be better option.

BTW, you may also consider Asus which offers 3-year warranty worldwide.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

You should be able to reach 800MHz (offered by Palit) easily without even touch the voltage.

My Asus GTX460 DirectCU (non-TOP version) 1GB was OCed from 675(core)-1350(shader)-3600(memory) to 850-1700-4000 without increasing the voltage.

bpgram

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Well, the Sonic Plat. edition is already pre-overclocked to 800mhz. So I think it'll be much more convenient.

Only problem is deciding between the two pre-overclocked versions by the two different manufacturers.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

It took me less than 30sec to OC. Video card OCing is much easier than CPU OCing. DIY FTW!

And tell us what your case is.

bpgram

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
To be safe. :) Never know what may happen once you start meddling with the cards.

So if I am hell-bent on getting a overclocked version, which would you recommend?

Thanks all once again! :)

bpgram

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
Just checked, Foxcon apparently only shows the 8000-9000 series of Nvidia cards on their website and has a very limited range of items.

Or is it just that they did not update their website? I'm not sure. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.