Sign in with
Your question

Allocating More RAM to E-350's 6310

Last response: in Motherboards
February 28, 2012 6:04:05 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been toying with the idea of seeing if I can allocate more RAM to my APU in my Asus EEE PC 1215B. I have the E-350 chip with integrated AMD 6310 graphics. I don't have any options to do anything in the UEFI, but I looked around and found someone with a similar setup who claims that his friend was able to rewrite some code to get the GPU to take something like a full GB of system RAM.

My netbook only came with 2 GB of RAM, but I added another 4 GB stick, so I have more than enough to spare at this point, if anyone knows how. I'd be quite grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for modding the EUFI, as it seems like a tricky thing. I'm quite tech-savvy, and I've built a few computers from scratch, but this software side is an area where I'm not as familiar as I'd like to be.

The link to the forum where the guys posts about allocating more RAM: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t354440.html

And a quote from his post: "EDIT: In my laptop (AS5253-BZ602) you are not able to change the dedicated video memory on bios, my friend eddited a copy of my bios and instead of having 256mb of video memory now I have 512mb and able to change it to 1gb, I would post the link of my bios but still testing..."

Thanks for any help you can offer,
xcSteve
March 1, 2012 2:55:22 PM

bump
m
l
!