Sign in with
Your question

Advice/Suggestions on Performance build

Last response: in Systems
March 26, 2011 8:43:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I am looking to spend a maximum of $2000 Australian on a gaming rig. Bearing in mind that I need to be able to get the system from Australia could you guys suggest firstly the best set-up I can get for this kind of money and secondly where I would be able to get the parts in Australia. The second part is that which I have been having the most trouble with. Also, I am not going to be building this myself so I need a business that is going to be able to build it reliably and not grossly overcharge me. Thanks in advance for any help, I am really stuck here, I have a few ideas already but I don't want the suggestions to be limited by them.
March 26, 2011 10:59:27 AM

andymars said:
so I need a business that is going to be able to build it reliably and not grossly overcharge me.
Is there any reason you're not able to discover that type of business yourself?

Quote:
I have a few ideas already but I don't want the suggestions to be limited by them
If you can save us from working up suggestions that aren't what you're looking for I think we'd all appreciate you saving our time.
m
l
Related resources
March 26, 2011 10:20:56 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: The sooner the better but no hurry.

Budget Range: maximum 2000 australian (could be convinced to go to 2500)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, multimedia (movies and web browsing)

Parts Not Required: speakers, mouse.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any good international stores (must ship to australia), www.i-tech.com.au

Country of Origin: Australia

Parts Preferences: Am thinking at the moment of Intel Core i5 2500K processor and ASUS P8P67 Pro motherboard. Also leaning towards Nvidia GeForce GTX570 graphics card but open to suggestions.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I don't care about appearance, needs to be reliable and high performing, preferably without overclocking but I might look into it in the future. I don't really know what international stores are good, that is why I was hoping for suggestions on good reliable Australian companies. currently I am going to get either i-tech, pcz4u or principal computers to build it.
m
l
March 27, 2011 11:47:01 AM

You probably want to compare prices and shipping charges: http://www.shopbot.com.au/

Before you take your parts to the shop for assembly it's a good idea to take an inventory (with serial numbers for parts that have them) and take pictures of the parts.

While you're waiting for delivery you can download the online version of the motherboard manual and start getting familiar with it. Same for the other parts you want to order if they have install guides or manuals available.
m
l
April 3, 2011 10:47:47 PM

I have been doing some research and have come up with a few changes. The first one is to remove the CPU cooler, as I probably will not be doing any overclocking and if I do it would only be very minor. the second one is to replace the Blu Ray drive with a DVD drive. The third is to remove the SSD drive as I already have one. (80GB Intel SSD, cant remember the model number). And would it be a good idea to replace the Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 with a superoverclocked GTX 560 Ti. This would then allow me to buy a 24inch LCD monitor and get it built (with warranty) for a bit under $2000. Any suggestions/hints?
m
l
!