5850 or gtx 460?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The PNY has a higher factory overclock 765mhz/3700mhz, vs. the EVGA at 720mhz/3600mhz. So right out of the box the PNY is faster. Otherwise, they are both identical.

I just took a closer look, the EVGA only has a 2 year warranty. The PNY has a lifetime warranty (after you register on their website). Get the PNY, they are an American company based in Brooklyn, NY. They usually pack lots of good extras in the box. Mine came with a full mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, which can be expensive if purchased separately.
The PNY or EVGA GTX460's are the way to go. The both cost $170 after rebate, and come with two free games, Just Cause 2 and Mafia 2. They both come with lifetime warranties, so basically they are exactly the same deals.

The GTX460 will offer much better DirectX 11 tesselation performance than either the 5850 or 6850. They overclock extremely well to match or exceed the performance of the more expensive cards listed. Since Mafia 2 is a PhysX game, you will be able to enable hardware physics in that game for added graphics that are not available with one of the cards from AMD.

The PNY has a higher factory overclock 765mhz/3700mhz, vs. the EVGA at 720mhz/3600mhz. So right out of the box the PNY is faster. Otherwise, they are both identical.

I just took a closer look, the EVGA only has a 2 year warranty. The PNY has a lifetime warranty (after you register on their website). Get the PNY, they are an American company based in Brooklyn, NY. They usually pack lots of good extras in the box. Mine came with a full mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, which can be expensive if purchased separately.

Solution

dolloff

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011

thanks alot you have been very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.