Sign in with
Your question

Memory timing help, my computer is freezing.

Last response: in Memory
February 28, 2012 8:25:00 PM

My computer is freezing I'm almost positive it's my memory. I have 1600MHz memory but it only shows up as 1333 MHz.
Motherboard:ASUS P9X79 WS
Bios Version: 803 newest version, and for correct CPU revision.
Memory: Patriot 1600 MHz 4x4GB (http://patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=...)
Sata type: AHCI (I don't know what this is for but I was told to include this information.

RAM Timings are said by manufacturer to run at 9-9-9-24
QVL of RAM on Asus's website doesnt have my exact memory type listed.
So what should I do in my bios to fix the problem?
February 28, 2012 8:30:19 PM

There is a setting for memory frequency in bios that may well be set to auto. Change that to 1600Mhz.
m
l
February 28, 2012 8:40:48 PM

Yid72 said:
There is a setting for memory frequency in bios that may well be set to auto. Change that to 1600Mhz.

That's it, that would fix my computer crashing, also there's an option to use XMP, my RAM is XMP should I enable that too?
m
l
Related resources
February 28, 2012 8:45:22 PM

Yes set that and also my system crashed on starting windows page until I set sata setting to, I think IDE. I know I had to reset that too.
m
l
February 28, 2012 10:34:46 PM

Yid72 said:
Yes set that and also my system crashed on starting windows page until I set sata setting to, I think IDE. I know I had to reset that too.

My computer doesn't freeze at startup. Anyways I tried to set the voltage to 1.6 which the manufacture recommends. I still got a freeze. I'm gonna try blue screenView. An application that tells you your past BSOD errors.
m
l
!