Sign in with
Your question

Low fps in lineage 2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
January 21, 2011 9:14:17 PM

hello, i have very low fps in lineage 2..
on a login screen i have stable 60 on character select like 160 but when i log ingame it falls down to 20..
4gb ram athlon x2 5400 overclocked to 3,2 ghz + ati hd 4600 w7 64
just installed newest catalyst and i still have same problem

More about : low fps lineage

January 22, 2011 1:18:50 AM

Reduce quality settings and see if the frame rate improves.
Anonymous
January 22, 2011 3:43:13 AM

still same problem, these stats are from lowest details
Related resources
January 22, 2011 4:46:50 AM

A. Make sure that the vertical sync. is off, you may force it off in the control panel. Try to change settings in Catalyst to performance, play with catalyst AI settings. Make sure nothing is forced in control panel (like AA or AF).

B. Did you uninstall previous drivers before installing the new ones? Try to reinstall drivers this way: download driver sweeper, uninstall old drivers through control panel, reboot into safe mode, run driver sweeper and clean the remains of the drivers, reboot normally, install new drivers.

C. This is an online game, isn't it? Make sure nothing reduces your internet bandwidth like running torrents in the background.

Have you always experienced such low framerate in this game?
Anonymous
January 22, 2011 1:42:30 PM

Thank you very much! "A" helped me, now im on 100+ fps!
January 22, 2011 4:10:32 PM

Good to know. Usually, the biggest performance killers are AA and Vert. Sync. You may try to put other settings higher if your frame rate now is more than you actually need if you want higher quality settings. Anyway, you know where to look now. You can also adjust the in-game settings to achieve a sweet balance between frame rate and image quality.
June 21, 2011 10:51:38 PM

yyk71200 said:
A. Make sure that the vertical sync. is off, you may force it off in the control panel. Try to change settings in Catalyst to performance, play with catalyst AI settings. Make sure nothing is forced in control panel (like AA or AF).

B. Did you uninstall previous drivers before installing the new ones? Try to reinstall drivers this way: download driver sweeper, uninstall old drivers through control panel, reboot into safe mode, run driver sweeper and clean the remains of the drivers, reboot normally, install new drivers.

C. This is an online game, isn't it? Make sure nothing reduces your internet bandwidth like running torrents in the background.

Have you always experienced such low framerate in this game?

June 21, 2011 10:54:10 PM

Can you write same guide for me, but for Nvidia 9600M GT?
What driver i need to download and what settings i need to put to obtain best perfomance?
I have the same problem, low FPS at lineage2, and with dual core cpu 4GB DDR3 and 9600M GT GDDR3, i should run it without problems, thanks for help
July 6, 2011 5:52:36 PM

Chaud said:
Can you write same guide for me, but for Nvidia 9600M GT?
What driver i need to download and what settings i need to put to obtain best perfomance?
I have the same problem, low FPS at lineage2, and with dual core cpu 4GB DDR3 and 9600M GT GDDR3, i should run it without problems, thanks for help

Download latest drivers from NVidia website. THe guide pretty much the same. If you have older drivers, install driver sweeper, uninstall drivers from control panel then boot in safe mode (hold f8 during post), run driver sweeper, reboot normally and install latest drivers. In NVidia control panel you'll see similar settings. AA, AF, Vertical Sync. You may leave Vert. Sync on if you don't like tearing, or off if you don't want to be limited to the refresh rate of your monitor. Live anti aliasing to application controlled. Texture filtering may be put to high performance if you really want to squeeze higher framerate. Also, in games there are various graphic options. Find a good balance in them for your taste. One of the biggest in-game factors affecting performance is resolution. The lower it is, the bigger framerates you'll get. But image quality will be reduced.
!