Figthing Crime

For those who worry, I just noticed a gouvernement center DOES reduce crime,
in my case by 6 last turn.

Next step to reduce crime even more, get 10 000 troops +, or 10 HG +

Lord Lancelot

Also sell all contraband every turn (if not crime will raise).

Lord Lancelot

Tristan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

> For those who worry, I just noticed a gouvernement center DOES reduce
> crime, in my case by 6 last turn.
>
> Next step to reduce crime even more, get 10 000 troops +, or 10 HG +

Of note...

I had a gov. center, 24k troops and 20+ high guard on a planet with 200
cantinas (selling my contra every turn).

They were not enough to stop the crimespree.

I lost 4mil colonists before I got the crime under control.

Later in the game I turned the cantinas back on, but after my colonist
happiness had reached 300 (I had maybe 100k troops now and about 100 HG).
Thus far I have 500 cantinas and no crime problem.

It would seem (only from observation) that happiness also has an impact.

Tristan

I have 3000 cantina, and no trouble with crimes.

I have a GC, and some turn just 10K troop and 10 Hg.

some turn I have more, like this turn about 30K troop and 25 HG

but on average I have 10-20k troop and 10-30 HG.

My crime = 0 most of the time
some time it goes up a bit but always under 20, like for now my crime is 11

If you sell contraband every turn, you want have trouble with crime and
cantina, just always have a GC, 10k troop, and 10 HG.

My happines vary from 200-300

Lord Lancelot

"Tristan" <miraumar@korinth.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
dcvsdg$iov@dispatch.concentric.net...
>> For those who worry, I just noticed a gouvernement center DOES reduce
>> crime, in my case by 6 last turn.
>>
>> Next step to reduce crime even more, get 10 000 troops +, or 10 HG +
>

> Of note...
>
> I had a gov. center, 24k troops and 20+ high guard on a planet with 200
> cantinas (selling my contra every turn).
>
> They were not enough to stop the crimespree.
>
> I lost 4mil colonists before I got the crime under control.
>
> Later in the game I turned the cantinas back on, but after my colonist
> happiness had reached 300 (I had maybe 100k troops now and about 100 HG).
> Thus far I have 500 cantinas and no crime problem.
>
> It would seem (only from observation) that happiness also has an impact.
>
> Tristan

"If you sell contraband every turn, you WILL NOT have trouble with crime and
cantina, just always have a GC, 10k troop, and 10 HG."

Tristan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

> "If you sell contraband every turn, you WILL NOT have trouble with crime
> and
> cantina, just always have a GC, 10k troop, and 10 HG."

I did exactly that after asking this question to the group yesterday. I
made 200 cantinas. 20k troops. 20 or so HG and sold every scrap of
contraband I generated (which only equated to about 200 total contraband
over the course of 2 turns). I was playing the Rebels and did not generate
any emotion chips during the time my cantinas were active.

After approximately 2 turns my crime was 106 or thereabouts and people
started dying.

I turned off the cantinas and waited. Over the next 10 or so turns the
crime went back down to 0. My troops had probably doubled and my HG was
(is) now around 100. My happiness is also 300. I have no crime problems
now.

Not sure what it is but I *know* that just having 10k troops, 10HG and a
government center did not solve my crime problem.

Tristan

Wierd I sell 1000-3000 contraband every turn.
(My happiness is 275 at the moment, and has been around that value for quite
some time.)

I had the troop their before I started to build the cantina, I can't explain
your specific rise in crime.

Maybe someone else can.

Lord Lancelot

> I did exactly that after asking this question to the group yesterday. I
> made 200 cantinas. 20k troops. 20 or so HG and sold every scrap of
> contraband I generated (which only equated to about 200 total contraband
> over the course of 2 turns). I was playing the Rebels and did not
> generate any emotion chips during the time my cantinas were active.
>
> After approximately 2 turns my crime was 106 or thereabouts and people
> started dying.
>
> I turned off the cantinas and waited. Over the next 10 or so turns the
> crime went back down to 0. My troops had probably doubled and my HG was
> (is) now around 100. My happiness is also 300. I have no crime problems
> now.
>
> Not sure what it is but I *know* that just having 10k troops, 10HG and a
> government center did not solve my crime problem.
>
> Tristan

Make sure your host has the latest host version (193)

AFAIR the cantinas have a little change per turn to produce a great amount
of crime . This happends very seldom but if it hits you you can forget about
the base and perhaps the game (1000+ crime depend on you umbers of
cantinas).
This is independend of the crime generated from holding contra in the base.

But this is only from memory. I think this has already been discussed in the
group (I think wrote how they work).

Greetings
Sebastian