Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

No bios screen upon booting

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 29, 2012 12:55:33 AM

Hi all, hope that you guys can help me.

Everytime I boot up my computer, it will skip the startup page whereby you can press a [key] to access to bios or safe mode and it'll go straight to the windows boot-up screen. 
So now  the problem comes as I need to access to the safe mode, because accidentally deleted most of my drivers and I want to recover them using safe mode but I can't boot to safe mode.

Oh one more thing, everytime I boot up the computer I will need do this weird procedure whereby i'll need to plug out the keyboard and mouse or else it won't boot up to the windows screen. does anyone know why is this happening?

So guys how can I fix the bios and get the computer running smoothly?

I'm desperate for help, any advise is much appreciated!

More about : bios screen booting

a c 78 V Motherboard
February 29, 2012 1:37:05 AM

To boot into SAFE mode: As the system powers-on, repeatedly press the F8 key, that will boot windows into the SAFE mode.

To open the BIOS: You didn't identify your motherboard make and model so you might have to try 3 different keys to open the BIOS. At power-on, press either the Del key, or the F10 key, or the F2 key. One should open the BIOS, where you can check your settings for the keyboard and mouse. If they are USB, make sure you have selected all the USB modes available. They aren't likely to be PS2 because you are unplugging them and replugging them within the operating system - PS2 keybooards and mice will not work in that fashion - you have to reboot the system. However, if they are PS2, make sure PS2 is enabled. Save any changes you made and Exit the BIOS. The system will reboot, POST, and boot to the operating system.
February 29, 2012 4:03:47 AM


Quote:
To boot into SAFE mode: As the system powers-on, repeatedly press the F8 key, that will boot windows into the SAFE mode.

To open the BIOS: You didn't identify your motherboard make and model so you might have to try 3 different keys to open the BIOS. At power-on, press either the Del key, or the F10 key, or the F2 key. One should open the BIOS, where you can check your settings for the keyboard and mouse. If they are USB, make sure you have selected all the USB modes available. They aren't likely to be PS2 because you are unplugging them and replugging them within the operating system - PS2 keybooards and mice will not work in that fashion - you have to reboot the system. However, if they are PS2, make sure PS2 is enabled. Save any changes you made and Exit the BIOS. The system will reboot, POST, and boot to the operating system.



Hi treefrog07,

thanks for replying. the problem is that I can't see the post screen. when I boot, the monitor stays black and for awhile it goes straight to the windows startup screen.
Related resources
a c 78 V Motherboard
February 29, 2012 12:52:36 PM

Have you tried hitting the key as soon as you power-on the system?

Have you reset the BIOS using the CLR_CMOS jumper on the motherboard? I'll have to verify the procedure with UEFI BIOSes.
February 29, 2012 5:35:43 PM

treefrog07 said:
Have you tried hitting the key as soon as you power-on the system?

Have you reset the BIOS using the CLR_CMOS jumper on the motherboard? I'll have to verify the procedure with UEFI BIOSes.


Yes, I have tried hitting the keys once I boot. but nothing came up. I did the CMOS jumper thingy as well as the removing of battery. but it didn't work as well.
a c 78 V Motherboard
March 1, 2012 12:02:42 PM

Visit the motherboard manufacturer's support webpage for your motherboard model to see if there is an updated BIOS, then follow the procedures in your manual for flashing it to your board.
March 1, 2012 5:26:37 PM

treefrog07 said:
Visit the motherboard manufacturer's support webpage for your motherboard model to see if there is an updated BIOS, then follow the procedures in your manual for flashing it to your board.


Okay, I have just tried updating but still i can't get to the BIOS screen. Any solutions?
March 23, 2012 3:08:09 PM

try using your on-board video ( if ur mobo has..of course! ) if ur currently using video card......
this also happened to me long ago...to be able to use my video card, i had to disable the "signon message" from the video card's bios....
April 11, 2013 11:06:22 AM

Hey terrabugs did you manage to solve this issue? I'm having the same problem with an MSI H61M-E33 motherboard and Windows 8.
!