Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows 7 disk drive isnt working

Last response: in Components
Share
June 27, 2011 5:12:00 AM

Hello,whenever i put a CD in my computer it makes the "reading CD sound" but it dosnt show up, then i go to Computer and click on the CD drive and it keeps on saying that there is no disk in the drive.
June 27, 2011 5:33:44 AM

Have you tried the same disk in another computer? Sounds like possible a bad CD drive to me.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 27, 2011 3:12:11 PM

You cannot read a dvd with a cd-rom (cd drive), you must have a dvd-rom (dvd drive) to read a dvd.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2011 2:34:35 AM

dvd drives are $20.. time for a new one.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2011 4:39:04 PM

If I had a dollar for every time someone tried to put a dvd in a cd player and said "why doesn't it read it"?

LOL
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 28, 2011 7:26:20 PM

yeah, or why cant their standard drive burn disks... but OP never mentions putting in a DVD into a cd-rom drive.
m
0
l
June 28, 2011 10:02:45 PM

Further to the "wrong disc in the drive" issue - there are now Bluray discs as well as DVDs and CDs - neither a CD nor a DVD drive can read Bluray discs.

eradar: what kind of drive do you have? And is the problem with a specific disc, or all discs? If it is a specific disc, then it may be that it is the wrong kind of disc, or the disc is damaged (DVDs and Bluray discs can delaminate). If it's all discs, then it's likely the drive is broken.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 29, 2011 1:48:39 PM

popatim said:
but OP never mentions putting in a DVD into a cd-rom drive.


Oh really? Where did you see Windows 7 on cd? :hello: 
m
0
l
June 29, 2011 2:03:18 PM

geekapproved said:
If I had a dollar for every time someone tried to put a dvd in a cd player and said "why doesn't it read it"?

LOL


you would be living on the streets
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 29, 2011 3:49:35 PM

Nah, your mom would take me in.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 29, 2011 8:27:08 PM

geekapproved said:
Oh really? Where did you see Windows 7 on cd? :hello: 

Well lets start with he never said that either, he said win7 disk drive.. and conclude with my win7 live is on cd and you can put your win7 recovery disks on cds also
m
0
l
June 30, 2011 7:51:39 AM

geekapproved said:
Nah, your mom would take me in.


well what can i say, your "mom" took me in, right in, in places that i cannot state
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2011 2:23:15 PM

popatim said:
Well lets start with he never said that either, he said win7 disk drive.. and conclude with my win7 live is on cd and you can put your win7 recovery disks on cds also


Well someone with common sense would obviously be able to figure out what he meant because there is no such thing as a "win7 disk drive".

Since Win7 comes on a DVD, one can assume that he is trying to read a DVD (not cd) with a CD-ROM. Sorry you were unable to decipher it.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2011 2:23:50 PM

dhicks19 said:
well what can i say, your "mom" took me in, right in, in places that i cannot state


My Mom is 76 years old. Sorry you had to endure those places.
m
0
l
July 1, 2011 7:50:28 AM

what can i say to that, i get what i get
m
0
l
!