Haf X VS Antec 85 - Size Matters?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Antec
  • Cases
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 27, 2011 10:31:43 AM

Someone suggested to me that the Antec 85 was a superior case to the HAF X and made a pretty compelling arguemnt, but Im concerned my cpu cooler won't fit in the antec case

Just wondering about others experience with the case if hoping someone might be able to tell me if this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

will fit inside

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : haf antec size matters

a c 91 ) Power supply
June 27, 2011 10:54:38 AM

The Noctua NH D14 surely fits inside the Antec DF 85 case.
Question here between the two cases should revolve around looks more than size (both look ugly to me). Both cases have ample room and cooling. If I had to choose one between these two though, I'd have gone for the HAF-X.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
June 27, 2011 11:10:53 AM

Yes the cooler will fit in the case, but as to it being a better case than the HAF X is a matter of opinion, i actualy prefer the HAF X looks to the Antec DF85, as for cooling performance im not sure if theres much in it, could you tell us the argument for the Antec over the HAF please.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
June 27, 2011 11:20:42 AM

I looked at both of these a while ago, but the Aerocool Xpredator beats them in every aspect hands down...

m
l
June 28, 2011 3:02:18 AM

Emperus do you prefer more streamlined cases? What would you suggest as a better looking alternative?
m
l
a c 91 ) Power supply
June 28, 2011 5:20:07 AM

Looks are personal decisions. My previous comment summarized that both those cases are excellent and the final buying decision might come to which looks better.

Personally, I like to be a little low on the aggressive front when it comes to case designs. For instance, I like the Silverstone Raven RV02 which I'd also suggest as a viable alternative. Another alternative would be the Lian Li PC A70f.
m
l
June 28, 2011 5:23:25 AM

The CM HAF series are great for cable management. Beyond the HAF 922 you're just paying for looks.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
June 28, 2011 10:06:29 AM

HAF 922 is such a nice looking case and has plenty of room for pretty much anything you want to throw inside it :) 
m
l
!