Why does my perating system only use about 43" of my 46" display

is there some way to make my computer use my whole 46" display, even when playing blu rays on p.c. there is about an inch and a half border of unused display?
4 answers Last reply
More about perating system display
  1. What is the resolution of your display ?
  2. I have the same problem on my 50" 1080P TV. My computer says the resolution is 1920x1080, but there's a inch of black around the computer readout. I don't know what the cause is.
  3. JackNaylorPE said:
    What is the resolution of your display ?

1920x1080p sony bravia,,,when i use sony blu ray player whole screen is filled, with lg player in computer, black 1 1/2 " border.
  4. I'm guessing it has something to do with the video card and the driver. I'm having the same problem with my laptop. Every time I play a game, there's an area on the right and left side of my screen that doesn't display anything at all. No matter what resolution I select, it's like my screen is bordered. This problem only started when I changed by OS and lost the driver for the build in graphics card. I tried downloading it but, unfortunately does not support Win7. There was like 2 drivers before but now, there's only 1.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics Displays