xfiled63701

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
ive had this laptop since oct,2011 and was exploring upgradeability on it ..ive buit comps for 10+yrs and prefer to do my own upgrades..being that this laptop is fairly new i cant find a chipset id so as to see what processors(mobile) are compatible im currently using ddr3 at 1333mhz fsb on a rpga 988b socket type..just wondering if i can safely upgrade to a i7 from just a dual core pentium 2.0ghz current wattage is 35watt and the i7 ive seen run between 45-55watt ,wondering if ima gonna have a heat issue ..being its a laptop that is if i can even upgrade that far lol

guavasauce

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
A: google rocks.
B: max watts could amount to failure or instability is it cant be met by the socket.
C: the bios may not even support the higher chips.
D: cooling may not be able to keep up if it does work.

nunayobidnes

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I'm in Shock! 1) You've built computers for 10+ years and don't have CPU-Z check it out on Google and download it ...it's clean, it's free, tells you everything you might need to know about your computer's core components, and is in widespread use. 2) Your VPCEH1AFX or AFX/B has a 90w power supply correct...the laptop cooling system will function effectively for the G2 socket series mobile processors up to 45w...which means you can go all the way up to 2nd gen core i7 xxxx-x(x)M processor on that Intel HM65 Chipset. It will function within the "Thermal Design Power" or TDP of the processor. Just a quick note: Don't get confused when I say Socket G2 ...it's common term for RPGA 988B or Revised Pin Grid Array 988B...revised from G1 PGA989 and spec "B" because the chip is positioned 180o from it's predecessor.

Latest posts