Best AMD dual core as of today

Hey guys so i am building a budget rig and i don't think i really need a quad core for the gaming that i am doing so i was just wondering what the best value AMD dual core is that can still get some gaming done
7 answers Last reply
More about best dual core today
  1. What graphics card will you get and whats your budget. The quad core 955 is getting very cheap at the moment so there is little reason not to get a quad.
  2. simon12 said:
    What graphics card will you get and whats your budget. The quad core 955 is getting very cheap at the moment so there is little reason not to get a quad.

I will be geting the EVGA geforce GTS 450
    Link: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130663

my budget is around $500 MAYBE a little more but that's about it

Also i do not need a harddrive or CD drive
  3. Have you bought anything so far? If not look at this first http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/diy-gaming-pc,review-32216-7.html Its a good spec for $500 you could change the CPU to a 955BE or an Athlon x3 with a board to match (or even an Athlon or Phenom x2 but I recommend the 2 I mentioned to be better value).
  4. AMD Phenom II X2 Dual Core 565 3.40GHz Black Edition (Socket AM3)

Manufacturer: AMD L1 Cache (Total): 128KB x 2
    CPU Type: Phenom II X2 L2 Cache (Total): 512KB x 2
    CPU Model: 565 Black Edition L3 Cache (Total): 6MB
    Socket: AM3 Voltage: 0.775 - 1.425 (V)
    CPU Features: AMD Virtualization (AMD-V)
    AMD64
    Cool''n''Quiet
    Enhanced 3DNow!
    MMX
    Wattage: 80W
    Core: Dual Core Max. Temperature: 70 °C
    Core Name: Callisto EM64T:
    Core Size: 45 nm Heatsink:
    Clock Speed: 3.4 GHz Package Type: Retail
    FSB/HT Speed: 4000MHz MHz

The above is the best AMD dual core CPU at the moment, but i think you would be better served with the

AMD CPU Phenom II 955 Black Edition Quad Core Processor
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black, Deneb Core, S AM3, 3.2GHz, 8MB Cache, HT 3600MHz, 125W
  5. thou an x2 might be all you think you need, many games can utilize a triple core and thes the sweat spot IMO. The athlon2 x3 455 is $83 at newegg.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming AMD Dual Core Product