Asus sabertooth 990fx

ticklemehballlz

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Hello,
I have the 990fx motherboard along with a Phenom II x4 955, Radeon 6870 & 8 Gbs of Corsair Xm3 ddr3 ram. And the board will not post. The motherboard power LED stays green, the CPU LED is RED. And the Dram mem ok blinks red and continues blinking RED. I have tried all sorts of ram combinations with my sticks. Also tried just using one stick. I had the exact same problems with the Asus republic of gamers V motherboard. But I returned that. This is obviously not a coincidence.

Do I have to upgrade to the Fx CPU ? Since the CPU led is red?

Do I need to buy different RAM?

mjaime1217

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
I have the same mobo with the same 955 BE. Have you tired pushing the MemOK! button and seeing if your system boots? You can also try another set of ram if you have access to another set of compatible RAM. It could be possible that the RAM is DOA thats happen to me before.

ticklemehballlz

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
I have bought new RAM out of the Book that says is compatible 'Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz 2x4Gb' But still not post.

I emailed AMD and they are going to RMA my Processor. Hopefully it was the CPU that was buggered.

The Ram is brand-new and working
The Motherboard is Brand-new (I've had two in the last week)
The PSU is brand-new
The GPU works in other computers

So it leaves me down to my ol' Phenom II. if they give me a new one im going to sell it on amazon anyway. they have gone up to £132! I bought it for £86!

Then I'm going to buy the Fx-8120