baboom34

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
My network adapter has gone missing. I have a ASROCK P67 Fatal1ty Pro motherboard with window 7 64 bit. It was in sleep mode and when I went to turn it on it crashed and is now gone. To find my network adapters I have to view hidden under computer management. I believe there is missing things as well...the only things under network adapters are about 8 wan miniports and 1 ras async adapter...nothing else. Also when I try and update my driver it get a thing saying "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If in Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable." dont understand what it means by plug the cable? I have the internet cable plugged in.

It means, the windows is not recognizing the adapter and the network cable.

Did u do anything? Any update or any HW changes?

baboom34

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Did a system restore....now under my network adapters it added 2 microsoft ISATAP adapter and Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface but Realtek Network Controller is still not found. Getting the same error when trying to repair driver

baboom34

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Ran the free CCleaner and then installed the latest driver...but while installing im still getting the same error. "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If in Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable." I'm thinking I need to get it out of deep sleep mode??

OK, check your power profile options....

Open Device Manager by:

Go to Start
Click Control Panel
Choose System and Security
Click Device Manager (under System)
Open Network Controller properties by:
Double-click Network adapters to expand it
Double-click the Realtek Network Controller
Turn off Deep Sleep mode by:
Choose the Power Management tab
Untick “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

Doing this will make sure the network controller is not put in to sleep mode till someone fixes the issue!

baboom34

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Maybe thats the problem...first off my network adapters are only available to view when i select view hidden...then under my network adapters there isn't a Realtek Network Controller???

baboom34

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Ive tried installing both drivers...i get the error "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If in Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable."

also the realtek network controller is nowhere to be found on my computer

That is what I suggested few posts back K : ))

Open Device Manager by:

Go to Start
Click Control Panel
Choose System and Security
Click Device Manager (under System)
Open Network Controller properties by:
Double-click Network adapters to expand it
Double-click the Realtek Network Controller
Turn off Deep Sleep mode by:
Choose the Power Management tab
Untick “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

baboom34

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

I may have gotten a bit over excited. It isn't working again. The part that i was referring to on that link was the powering off the computer for 10 min then rebooting. After doing that the internet was working again and i could do the steps you suggested...but after a little the internet cuts out again and now is back to where it was....then i can turn it off again for ten min then it starts working again...then stops after a while... Just seems to shut it self off after a little. i dont know what to do next

shippy63

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012

I feel your pain here. I have the asrock a55 pro3 mobo and I'm having a very similiar issue. The network adapter is a Realtek brand integrated on the mobo. This was my first computer build as well. I had the same problem where my adapter wasn't showing up in device manager. I was getting the same error message about the deep sleep mode so after a couple of shut downs my adapter did show up and I removed the power down option from it. All was good for a couple of days until today it bunked out again. I can't figure out why it keeps doing this but I read a quick fix that has worked now several times. Its still annoying because the computer has to be shut down but its a reliable method for me.
Simply shut down the computer, place a flash drive in a usb port, wait just a little, power computer back on.
Ultimately I want to know why this thing keeps forgetting the adapter. I'm thinking it may be connected to another issue I'm having where any options I make to the task bar dont get saved.

JomJom

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
I have found that the 'broken' NICs work perfectly fine if you're running an OSX hakintosh instead of windows. I have a dual boot pc, OSX + XP. Just thought it would be interesting to share this.

TRENDING THREADS