Cheap LCD cleaner?

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
Sorry if this is in the wrong section but.

Anyone know of a good cheap one.

I don't have a microfiber cloth so it would be nice if it would bundled with it.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

facepalm.jpg

You should only use a microfibercloth to clean it..

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
I use a solution witch comes in a small plastic bottle and it is applied like a spray but with no pressure inside, how much you press it is how much it comes out, it is from omega. http://www.nordic-digital.ee/en/product/13034/omega-freestyle-fs5521-lcd-plasma-puhastuskomplekt

You could probably go to the nearest electronic store and buy something similar. It is not expensive and it also prevents dust from sticking to the surface. Don't buy the napkins that are soaked in that stuff, i did not hear anyone saying good things about them.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SVC2548G-27-Cleaner-Computer/dp/B003DNS89G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295743331&sr=8-1

Something like that?

Might as well use fine grain sandpaper. I recommend distilled water and a micro-fiber cloth.

An easy method to make distilled water is to simply boil some water, then pour it in an open container and let it sit for a few hours or a day. Some real die-hards will say to let it sit for at least a week or a month. If you have a water filter (like a Brita or whatever) then get your water from that instead of tap water.

Another faster way is boil water in a pot. Then take the lid off the pot and let it cool down for a couple of minutes. Wipe the micro-fiber cloth on the condensed water, then use it wipe your screen.

mavroxur

Distinguished
The absolute best i've ever seen is called "Screen Clean". It's made by Zep. It's hard to find these days, and you will probably have to order it online. It comes in a 22oz aerosol can, and works wonders on LCD screens. A light mist on a microfiber cloth will do the job, and with 22oz, the can will last forever. It's not too cheap though, as when i bought it, the can was like $14.

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006

you can't make distilled water by just boiling it. Much easier to simply buy it at the grocery store.

Generally speaking it should work. Boiling the water will also boil away chlorine. The steam that is collected and condensed back down to water should technically be free of minerals since minerals are solids and do not evaporate.

I agree it may not be as good as buying distilled water, but this solution is basically free.

mavroxur

Distinguished

Actually, what jaguarskx said is true. The water that condenses on the lid of the pot is pure. Minerals and impurities can't evaporate, and say in the pot of water. The steam that condenses on the lid is pure. It's basic elementary school science. Just think about it, if impurities from every lake, stream, river, and ocean could evaporate, our rain would be terribly polluted with minerals and contaminants.

G

LOL, just buy wipes man, LCD wipes for $2, I have been using pre-soaked cheap LCD wipes for 3 years and my DELL monitor hasn't changed since I bought it.

Don't mean to argue with the experts here but I don't get it, what is going on here?

I clean my LCD monitor TWICE a day using wipes and if you can afford water and electricity and your rig,
What do you consider expensive?