Sign in with
Your question
Closed

[HELP] Problems with my xfx 5770 Graphics card!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 23, 2011 12:24:14 AM

Hi a few month ago something happened and i dont know what. I use to play on sc2 max graphics with no lag even in the biggest battles. But for some reason now a days i have to play on low graphics because if i play on max settings i get 1-10 fps max when nothing is happening.
Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II 630 Quad-Core Processor
• 2.80GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 4000MHz System Bus
Memory:Memory 6GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM memory
Graphics card: XFX 5770 XXX edition
Operating system : Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Internal drive: 1 Terabyte Serial ATA hard drive
Screen: 20 inch 1600x900 resolution
Power supply: 500W Atx
All the drivers are up to date. I uninstalled and installed multiple times.
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2011 12:49:51 AM

for better sc performance overclock your cpu, try an old driver, can you test the card on another comp?also what is the make and model of your psu?
Score
January 23, 2011 1:56:32 AM

jjb8675309 said:
for better sc performance overclock your cpu, try an old driver, can you test the card on another comp?also what is the make and model of your psu?

i thought my cpu would die insta if i overclock it because it is pretty bad (or people tell me it sucks) and no i cant test the graphics card on another computer. The model # of my psu is GT500W. Btw i was playing cod 4 just now and i had a 90 fps. I was wondering if that is normal for a 5770 or to low
Score
Related resources
January 23, 2011 4:08:31 AM

cod4 on default maxxes at 90 fps so that is normal
Score
January 23, 2011 4:41:39 AM

would it be a bad idea to overclock my cpu? even though it isnt that good?
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 23, 2011 1:29:52 PM

no your cpu is perfectly fie for oc'ing and in some games you will see big fps gains by doing so... but if you don't know what your doing do some research there are plenty of guides out there
Score
January 23, 2011 9:47:23 PM

kinda hard finding how to oc my cpu since my computer was store bought. i was wondering if upgrading my cpu to the AMD 6 core 1090T black edition would make a big difference from my athlon ii x4 630. And second question is that if i was to buy a new mother board will i have to get a new copy of windows 7?
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2011 12:39:17 AM

1090t will be better in games simply because your clock frequency is higher, but if you were able to oc your proc, which is not hard, go into bios.... you will not have to get a new copy of windows 7 with a new motherboard.... just not on two pcs simultaneously
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2011 12:40:29 AM

a-p-p-l-e-s said:
would it be a bad idea to overclock my cpu? even though it isnt that good?

lol thats the main reason that you oc your cpu, bc its not good enough at stock... if you had a super cpu then an oc would not be nessesary
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2011 12:43:45 AM

either way if you want advice on overclocking your cpu then do so in the "cpu" or "overclocking" part of the forum
Score
January 24, 2011 12:56:48 AM

jjb8675309 said:
1090t will be better in games simply because your clock frequency is higher, but if you were able to oc your proc, which is not hard, go into bios.... you will not have to get a new copy of windows 7 with a new motherboard.... just not on two pcs simultaneously

what do you mean? so if i install a new motherboard and cpu but keep the hdd i wont need to reinstall windows?
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2011 11:53:27 AM

yeah unless you are using it on two machines simultaneously then your good, you don't need to reinstall, when you install your new cpu it will ask you to reboot windows once but that should be about it
Score
January 24, 2011 12:28:28 PM

a-p-p-l-e-s said:
Hi a few month ago something happened and i dont know what. I use to play on sc2 max graphics with no lag even in the biggest battles. But for some reason now a days i have to play on low graphics because if i play on max settings i get 1-10 fps max when nothing is happening.
Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II 630 Quad-Core Processor
• 2.80GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 4000MHz System Bus
Memory:Memory 6GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM memory
Graphics card: XFX 5770 XXX edition
Operating system : Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Internal drive: 1 Terabyte Serial ATA hard drive
Screen: 20 inch 1600x900 resolution
Power supply: 500W Atx
All the drivers are up to date. I uninstalled and installed multiple times.

While in windows desktop, press ctrl-shift-esc to open task manager...Open performance tab and check if there is any substantial CPU activity (>10%) going on...
On process tab you can check which process consumes cpu cycles if any.

If you used to play fine then obviously ur machine specs are fine. What have u done in the meantime ? Changed drivers ? Caught a virus :kaola:  ? Maybe you have some overheating problems ? What are your CPU and GPU temps ?
Score
January 24, 2011 3:41:17 PM

noble said:
While in windows desktop, press ctrl-shift-esc to open task manager...Open performance tab and check if there is any substantial CPU activity (>10%) going on...
On process tab you can check which process consumes cpu cycles if any.

If you used to play fine then obviously ur machine specs are fine. What have u done in the meantime ? Changed drivers ? Caught a virus :kaola:  ? Maybe you have some overheating problems ? What are your CPU and GPU temps ?

i doubt i have a virus, i ran multiple number of scans. I dont remember what i installed at the time so i have no clue what the problem is ) :
Score

Best solution

January 24, 2011 4:57:08 PM

Are those screenshots taken after lets say leaving it on playing SC2 for a few minutes ?? Can't seem to find a CPU temp in that screenshot as well... One last question...
All other games play well except SC2 ?? What if you try and playing the game having terminated everything in task manager ? When i say everything i mean everything possible except maybe explorer and few other essential processes that will restart if you terminate anywa... Just throwing out some ideas...
January 24, 2011 5:20:56 PM

noble said:
Are those screenshots taken after lets say leaving it on playing SC2 for a few minutes ?? Can't seem to find a CPU temp in that screenshot as well... One last question...
All other games play well except SC2 ?? What if you try and playing the game having terminated everything in task manager ? When i say everything i mean everything possible except maybe explorer and few other essential processes that will restart if you terminate anywa... Just throwing out some ideas...

the pics were after i finished my game while the stuff were running. ill post the cpu temp asap, and i only have like itunes and starcraft 2 running when im in a regular game. it shows my cpu is 15-20% in use so i dont know if running a lot more stuff will make it slower.... btw is 666 mhz ram slow? because i have 6gb (3 sticks of 2 gb) kingston ram which is suppose to be at 1333 but sadly i cant change it to make it go up from 666 because my computer was made from hp...
Score
January 24, 2011 5:26:36 PM

when i play other games i get pretty good fps. I think my only problem is with sc2.... i wish i can fix this problem ) :
Score
February 2, 2011 11:03:52 PM

Best answer selected by a-p-p-l-e-s.
Score
April 2, 2011 7:26:54 AM

Hi plz any one help me !!!!

I bought yesterday only new xfx 5770 HD 577x-ZMF3

i install correct on my pc, also installed new catalyst 11.2 after registered from http://www.xfxforce.com

CPU Spec.
Core 2 duo 2.8 ghz E 7400, 3 GB Zion DDR 2 800 FSB Ram, 520 GB H.D Seagate, XFX 630 m 775 Socket chip-set nvidia 630 i series 7050, Zebronic crossfire & Sli ready 800 W PSU,

now the problem is that i installed nfs uc, it gives very low fps on 1024 x 868, with all setting to low, also in gta 4 it gives 11 fps on 1152 x 1024 ,
Today it is hilarious now my cpu gets restart after 2 min of game play any.....

Damn dat thing what to do, i m getting depressed abt dis,

HELP HELP my 5770 is dying :( 
http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/frown.gif
Score
a c 272 U Graphics card
April 2, 2011 7:12:31 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!