Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
i recently purchased

mb- asus p8z68-v le

vga- xfx hd-687a-zdfc

psu- ocz ocz-zs750w

cpu- intel core i5 2500k 3.3g

mem- 2gx2 corsair tw3x4g1333c9a gr

so i put all in case and got no post no beep no display after checking all wires and connection and reseating cpu and mem and video card still no post no beep no display

called asus they stated that the ram i was using was incompatable with the mother board so i went and purchased a stick of ddr3 1333 crucial put in mother board still nothing called asus back and said that i had again purchased incompatable ram so i pulled everything form case and did a bench boot and still nothing no post no beep no display i contacted new egg and they are replacing the board and the cpu no my quetion is, is asus products so specific that i must under every circumstance by what they list i need to buy or should the ram i already purchase work?

I am familiar with TW3X4G1333C9A G which should be fine, but not (GR). Use the Blue DIMM slots, one stick Blue DIMM closest to CPU.

I assume you connected the 8-pin CPU, Both 6-pins to GPU, and 24-pin to MOBO. Other than that I assume all the front panels are correctly connected. Try booting it outside the case with no headers connected and stock HSF.

check the obvious things first when troubleshooting a not working pc
is the psu connected to a wall outlet
does the psu have a right voltage settings 110v or 220v
after that i would check the power cables going to each component
after that i would check the motherboard connectors for power and reset, when i was building my first pc i got that part wrong lol ^^