Sign in with
Your question

Question about the Current ATI control panel

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 23, 2011 5:38:08 AM

Hi,
My GTS250 just died on me, so I'm looking to replace it. I know how the NV ctrl panel works, but I was wondering about ATI's variant (it's called the CCC right?) for its cards. Before looking at ATI cards, I need to know the following:

-Does the ctrl panel have an 'Override application setting' for antialiasing?
-V-Sync Force?
-What's the highest the AA and anisotropic filtering options can go to?
-Can I have separate graphic settings for each specified program thru the ctrl center?

That's all I really care about. CUDA and PHYSX and 3D... never needed it, never will

Thanks.
January 23, 2011 3:53:00 PM

Hey thanks, it was definitely a helpful article. However, still wondering about the max AA. It says x6 or higher depending on the card, so then what do the latest cards max up to? Anisotropic filter, too.

And for anyone who wants to reconfirm their knowledge without going thru the link lol...
-Yes, there's definitely a v-sync force
-Yes, you can assign diff profiles to each app.
m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2011 4:12:30 PM

oh that morphological AA is interesting, esp since it shows similar frame rates to no AA
m
l
January 23, 2011 4:36:22 PM

For the most part, CCC has better AA options. Including SSAA and MLAA, it does have profiles for your different games, sadly it's a little cumbersome in comparison to Nvidia's version. You can adjust V-sync as well.
m
l
January 23, 2011 4:49:08 PM

Yeah, I read about that, but it's still doable right? That's all that matters.
m
l
January 23, 2011 4:53:40 PM

markusaurileus said:
Yeah, I read about that, but it's still doable right? That's all that matters.

Yup, it's still doable. The main issue I have is that you make a profile, and actually need to launch the game from the profile, rather than it just being hidden in the background.

It's really not a big deal, just not as convenient. I still prefer what ATI has to offer due to SSAA and MLAA. Games which are too demanding for SSAA can have a near SSAA appearance by combining MSAA and MLAA.
m
l
January 23, 2011 8:46:02 PM

haha yeah, that's no problem. it's only a few steps down in convenience. the whole MLAA deal really is something I want to try out.

Btw, I'm running an AMD-based system with the specs below. At this point, are there any advantages having an ATI card over an nvidia one?
(ASUS M4A785-M Board AM2+/AM3 AMD 785G/SB710 & AMD Athlon II X4 635)
m
l
January 23, 2011 11:01:33 PM

The only benefit would be if your board allows crossfire and not sli. For a single card, there should be no issues one way or another.
m
l
!