19" 191t for fast gamin??HELP!

paapaa333

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
Please help me! I have ordered Samsung Syncmaster 191t
,which has 15+10ms=25ms response time...anyone played
fast games with this monitor, such as:Medal Of Honour...
UT2003 or other fast games?? is it too much ghosting...or
not??if ghosts too much...i have to order smaller 174... :(

AVfanatic

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2003
Not good for gaming. I just got one thinking the 25ms response claim is true. It's not entirely. Read my response to the other post on 18 to 19 inch LCDs for gaming. Anyway, here are the games I've played and how they looked on the 191T. Keep in mind that I am comparing one game to another and even if I sound positive, no game had less smearing than my roommates 25ms Sony LCD. UT2003 looked pretty good but smearing was fairly easily visible. RalliSport actually looks very good and it was hard to notice any smearing. Quake 3 looked pretty bad, with fairly long streaks across the screen, but could be gotten used to after maybe a half an hour. Half Life looked absolutely horrible, with long streaks from everything onscreen. Windows desktop looks equally as bad as Half Life. The mouse pointer almost looks like it has that old feature "mouse trailes" on. To generally tell how the 191T will perform with something consider this: greys are the worse for this monitor. Any grey tone mixed with anything else will look horrible. As you all probably know, Half Life is a game that is composed of much grey, and thus looks terrible. Does anyone have anything to say on the Viewsonic VX900?

paapaa333

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
thanks a lot! i chancelled my 191t order, becaude i rank
my self as a hardcore player...and ordered Hitachi 174 with
16ms response time...read reviews hours in internet and
99% positive monitor (there is not a one thing in universum that someone would think is not good), even for a hardcore gamer =D

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
Does anyone have anything to say on the Viewsonic VX900?

i read that the VX900 is claimed to have a typical 25ms response time, but in reality it's closer to 40ms....so i feel like it'll perform much like a Samsung 191t. Except the samsung looks amazing, good-bye to fat bazals!