best online digitial photo print

Last response: in Digital Camera
February 13, 2005 2:29:52 PM

I have a sony dsc 707 and want to know what is the best place I can order
prints online to get great prints. I've tried local shops (walmart, eckarts,
walgreen, etc) but the colors are all wrong. any suggestions are greatly
appreciated.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 2:29:53 PM

SDFSD wrote:

> I have a sony dsc 707 and want to know what is the best place I can order
> prints online to get great prints. I've tried local shops (walmart, eckarts,
> walgreen, etc) but the colors are all wrong. any suggestions are greatly
> appreciated.

step one is the make sure that your monitor is correct.

http://www.vircen.com/rpd/

the folder Grayscale has a gray scale that is perfect grays.
they run from digital black to digital white.
if they do not, or they are off color on your monitor,
you need to profile it.

if your image is corrected properly,
you get perfect prints at costco.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 5:26:25 PM

"SDFSD" <SDFSD@AOL.COM> writes:

> I have a sony dsc 707 and want to know what is the best place I can order
> prints online to get great prints. I've tried local shops (walmart, eckarts,
> walgreen, etc) but the colors are all wrong. any suggestions are greatly
> appreciated.

I like mpix.com the best. In the past, I have also used shutterfly.com and
ezprints.com, and liked their prints. I have been disappointed with prints
from walmart.com, pephoto.com, and dotphoto.com. I used to like my local
Walmarts (but not Walgreen even though they used the same machine), but about 6
months ago they changed their process, and I no longer go there. However, I
would suggest checking out you monitor. It may be the monitor is out of
kilter, and if you adjust colors to taste on the monitor, it may mean garish
colors when you print.

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:24:59 -0800
In message <420F8D6B.6F22@cox.net>
Crownfield <Crownfield@cox.net> wrote:

OFF TOPIC QUESTION:

> http://www.vircen.com/rpd/

Why do people put notices like this on web pages

"For security, the addresses of all visitors are logged."

when ALL web servers keep log files?

Jeff
!