- First post on the forum, so hi!
- I'm not a hardcore gaming enthusiast, happy playing at medium settings
- Basic knowledge of computers, but nothing much technical (so no overclocking)
- I'm looking to upgrade my video card if it means I can delay upgrading my whole system for a while
- May upgrade my PSU if its needed to upgrade the graphics card
AMD Athlon X2 7750 Dual Core 2.7GHz
ATI Radeon HD4670 512MB DDR3 Engine 750MHz Memory 800MHz
2x2GB Dual Channel DDR2-800
AOC 2217V 22 inch widescreen LCD monitor (1680x1024)
Asus M2N68-AM Support AMD Socket AM2+
Western Digital 500GB 7200rpm SATA
Samsung SH-S223F DVD±RW
1) which are the best cards my system could use?
2) what are the performance gains over my current card?
Thanks for the replies
Seems I can't edit my original message, but heres some additional info.
My PSU came with the case which is an Easteck Case ET-3383BS
Its about 1.5yrs old
I'll try to hunt down some more information on the PSU, but probably just go on the assumption its just a generic one as the case was not expensive. Is there a way to test your power supply to check if its any good?
What I'm trying to establish is if I can get a bit more life from my system because I don't do anything too demanding and are happy gaming on medium settings.
So I guess now theres 2 parts to my question on the:
- Current power supply is a gpu upgrade worth it? or will there not be notable differences for the money?
- Upgrading my power supply whats some good card options for me to put in there, from what I've read researching it myself I'd assume at some stage my CPU will quickly become the limiting factor so the GPU price probably isn't an issue.