rmerwede

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Hi All!
I wanted to invest in a new mouse because I miss the better performing gaming mice from Logitech and the like, but I do not want to invest in an expensive mouse again b/c of the following:

I had Issues with the last 3 mice on my current system (asus p5Q, Q9550). First was a wireless Logitech G7 wireless, then a MX518 hardwired (both USB). They both have the same issue: intermittently cutting in and out (or on and off) for just a few seconds, every couple of minutes. I replaced the G7 hoping it would stop but it didn't. Now i use a cheap PS2 Logitech. I still have the same issue but very rarely as compared to the others (noticeable difference, but it still happens periodically with the PS2).

I have tried a few different drivers, and the issue was present on both Vista and Win 7...

None of my other USB devices have any issues...

Anyone know of a fix or any known issues with my mobo/bios? Any help or resources on the matter are appreciated!

Thanks!

rmerwede

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
I have updated the BIOS once. It has since been rolled back when I installed an SSD as boot drive and cleared CMOS. It did not seem to help, but I will try the newest version.

I have tried the mouse in every USB port I have, still the problem persists...

Thanks for the suggestions!

Since all your mouses are from Logitech and there are no other USB devices creating any issue, the problem could be software based. Use driver sweeper and uninstall all Logitech software. Reboot and check if it resolves the issue.