Best dedicated physx card for 200$

D

Deleted member 362816

To pair with a gtx 580.

$200
give for take 50$

I don't think there would be a big difference between the 460 and 450 as a dedicated PhysX card, particularly when paired with a GTX580. You should go for the one that is cooler, quieter, and uses less power. I would slap in your GTS450 Cyclone and use that.

D

Deleted member 362816

I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with it i have horrible temps lol, 70c plus at load after 10 min 70% fan, i have good ventilation in case maybe bad card.

considering your air flow is good maybe you can inspect your card first. check the heatsink and look for any loose screw or maybe you can try replacing the thermal paste. if the problem still occur you might want to RMA the card

You may have a point. All the reviews show load temps in the low-50c's:

MSI GTS450 Cyclone

MSI_N450GTS_Temps.jpg

Yep, something's not right, but maybe you can fix it by cleaning everything up and reapplying some good thermal paste.

It's my opinion, if you still have the option, to forgo the dedicated physX card, and trade in the 580 for two 570's. Your overall cost will be about the same. Most the time you'll have much better performance, you can run physX and SLI at the same time. Even when SLI doesn't work to it's optimum, you still have a 570 to power the game.

This discussion has some history in a couple other threads over the past few weeks. He needs to work with what he has.

He has described a lot of different systems he has been building. I wouldn't doubt is there is a swap that can be made somewhere to utilize the 580, and go with two 570's in this one.

I suppose if his father has $700 laying around after just ponying up $500 last week for the GTX580.

That leaves the option to exchange the 580 for 570's and he can pay the difference.

I doubt he needs a dedicated physX card, I'm just looking at ways he can get a more sensible solution.

D

Deleted member 362816

'

Yeah it arrived doa from ebay.

D

Deleted member 362816

Once again lol i have multiple threads for multiple computers. I wouldnt worrie your selves to much over my father and are money situation, its really not your business.

D

Deleted member 362816

Let me make a list of the cards that i "have" in multipul computers.

1x768 mb gtx 460
2x gtx 295's 1 coop 1 sandwich
1X gtx 260 core
1x gtx 580
1xgts 450
4x 9600 gtx XFX
1x8800 gtx
2x evga 460s 1gb

all in multiple computers.

Im trying to figure out the best setup for all these computers atm and its a nightmare

D

Deleted member 362816

It was USPS lol. the card was litterly smashed, The seller had insurance on the package so i got my money back. I am still looking for another 4870x2 for a build though.

D

Deleted member 362816

6 computers for family. On going project

All mid range gaming/everything else
2x high end gaming