Sign in with
Your question

RMAing my MOBO ..

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 28, 2011 7:21:19 AM

Guys i just have a NOOB question .. im gonna RMA my MSI p67a-g43 because the sound card or audio jack is not recognizing the speakers using front or rear paneL .. it worked on the first day when i havent got internet yet and playing sounds on media player , but when i got my Wireless adapter it suddenly stopped working . Ive tried everything to make it work enabLe/disable , excLamation thingy , uninstall/restart/install using MOBO CD,realtek site , MSI site , reformat/system restore , couple of youtube and googLe DIY's but none of them works .. so im gonna receive my new mobo Later and will send this one i have back to them ..

and my Question is .. im using the mobo for not more than a week ..

1:D o i realy need to replace the thermaL paste on CPU and HSF ( AS5 )
2:how do i take off the screw on mobo , my standoffs are loose and whenever i turn the screw , the standoffs is turning too and the screw is not comming out ! any tips ? ( using Storm Scout case )

thankyou so much .. pLease heLp me .. cheers THW ..

More about : rmaing mobo

June 28, 2011 7:26:59 AM

Yes you really need to replace the termanl paste if you want to have good cooling, It's job is to fill in the air gaps to ensure good contact with the heat sink, if you don't replace it with fresh paste, you could have air.

Usually the standoffs are 6 sided, you can find a small nut driver that fits them or use a pair of needle-nose plies to grip the sides while you unscrew it.
m
l
June 28, 2011 9:04:46 AM

alrighty .. thank you for the repLy .. i was thinking if this might work ..

tighten the screw as much as it can .. hoping that the standoff will be tight enough and unscrew it ..

and about the SOUNDS,AUDIO JACK ... do you think i did the right thing ?
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2011 11:15:37 AM

-jB said:
Guys i just have a NOOB question .. im gonna RMA my MSI p67a-g43 because the sound card or audio jack is not recognizing the speakers using front or rear paneL .. it worked on the first day when i havent got internet yet and playing sounds on media player , but when i got my Wireless adapter it suddenly stopped working . Ive tried everything to make it work enabLe/disable , excLamation thingy , uninstall/restart/install using MOBO CD,realtek site , MSI site , reformat/system restore , couple of youtube and googLe DIY's but none of them works .. so im gonna receive my new mobo Later and will send this one i have back to them ..

and my Question is .. im using the mobo for not more than a week ..

1:D o i realy need to replace the thermaL paste on CPU and HSF ( AS5 )
2:how do i take off the screw on mobo , my standoffs are loose and whenever i turn the screw , the standoffs is turning too and the screw is not comming out ! any tips ? ( using Storm Scout case )

thankyou so much .. pLease heLp me .. cheers THW ..

Standoffs, i had this prob, i just unscrewed everything and left the dodgey standoffs till last, then try unscrew it, the standoff its self will unscrew but the mobo should then become free, after its out get some pliers holding the stand off whilst unscrewing screw.

honestly the sound thing sounds like a software issue, i doubt they will replace/refund the mobo since it only stopped working after you install wireless adapter.

And yes you defo need to replace thermal paste for optimal cooling. It only takes a few mins
m
l
June 28, 2011 11:18:35 AM

tokencode said:

Usually the standoffs are 6 sided, you can find a small nut driver that fits them or use a pair of needle-nose plies to grip the sides while you unscrew it.

What if its a standoff in middle of mobo where cant use small nut driver, pliers?
m
l
June 28, 2011 5:49:44 PM

dhicks19 said:
Standoffs, i had this prob, i just unscrewed everything and left the dodgey standoffs till last, then try unscrew it, the standoff its self will unscrew but the mobo should then become free, after its out get some pliers holding the stand off whilst unscrewing screw.

honestly the sound thing sounds like a software issue, i doubt they will replace/refund the mobo since it only stopped working after you install wireless adapter.

thank you so much !

Amazon sent me a new mobo and it shouLd be here by coupLe of hours ( tracked package ) .. and they toLd me just shipped this one back to them .. will they charge me or something !?

i toLd them my probLem etc etc ... and thats what they did..

and i dont think its the software issue , because i tried everything i can possibLy do .. and why did it work on the first day , and the 2nd day i got my wireless adapter , it stopped working is it bcoz i updated everything ? NO .. i tried systemrestore , tried to reformat .. nothing happened wasted my 3days troubLeshooting ..
m
l
!