Solved

Ps2 to usb keyboard problem cant play games properly

Hello Bro,

i recently upgraded my PC from P4 1.6Ghz to i3 Core processor so the motherboard and RAM too. Now this new motherboard has only USB ports so i bought a PS/2 to USB convertor. But now while playing any game,
when i'm pressing and holding w for forward but as soon as i press any other key Like A or SPACE then W stops responding and for this i have to release it and re-press it. Its very annoying to do this every second. And the most frustrating is to drive i mean when m playing racing games, it makes me very irritating. From The day i updated my system i didn't played any game because of this multiple key problem.

My old PC used to beep if pressing more than three buttons at a time
but now with this new one even if i press more than 10 keys or so it does not make any sound, the onboard speaker is O.K.

This is important for shooters. Where a player might want to hold down
multiple keys at the same time.

On My older PC the same keyboard was working fine. May be the PS/2 to USB convertor creates some problem

I have played many shooters very well and never really had any problems
what
so ever.

However who knows with future shooters I might went to hold down a
third key
for whatever reason.

Is there any solution?
Or i'LL have to buy new USB keyboard???
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about keyboard problem play games properly
  1. Yes, it's the converter.

    You will probably have to get a new keyboard, or a motherboard with PS/2 socket.
  2. Best answer
    What is the status of legacy USB in the bios? Try flipping it off/on.

    If that fails, buy a USB keyboard and leave legacy USB on in the bios.
  3. That PS2 beep comes from the keyboard microcontroller itself, when the microcontroller sensed an x-th key being pressed, but cannot identify exactly which key it was. But the PS2 port is connected directly to the MB chipset and is reponsible for KB only, and it was designed to receive error frames and beep, all done in HW. USB port, while also connected to the chipset, could receive that error frame (I don't know if it's covered by HID keyboard class) only on higher-level, which is handled by the OS driver (USB driver->HID driver->HID keyboard). So adding the "beep" to the HID keyboard means a(n unnecessary) complication of the driver.
  4. compulsivebuilder said:
    Yes, it's the converter.

    You will probably have to get a new keyboard, or a motherboard with PS/2 socket.



    Hello frnd i jus bought a new motherboard!!
    n U want to buy another wid PS/2 port??

    new motherboards do not have PS/2 ports...
    !!
  5. Quote:
    Is there any solution?
    Or i'LL have to buy new USB keyboard???
    Hello frnd i jus bought a new motherboard!!


    No, buy a USB keyboard. Read my reply however, it could solve your issue without buying anything.
  6. Watch out with USB keyboards as some of those also have limited key press combinations too. I have an older logitech wireless keyboard(was a replacment for the Logitech elite keyboard, that thing was good) and it just can not press w,d and hit space. so not run/strafe and jump for it.

    Did you check out those options in the bios?
  7. Best answer selected by axe_par4.
  8. axe_par4 said:
    Hello frnd i jus bought a new motherboard!!
    n U want to buy another wid PS/2 port??

    new motherboards do not have PS/2 ports...
    !!


    is it so hard to put usb and ps2 to motherboard , like why are we paying so much money for and if u say like "it cost only few dollars" then cant the shitty motherboard company give the converter free coz it only cost few dollars .... i feel like breaking my mobo and set on fire these pc making company ... even slut is better ...i have windows 7 & cant install xp over it another sluttish work by m@#$%^&ucker bill gates , OK give me back my money coz now i cannot install xp , my xp cd is waste.....to all pc making company I had a gun whose bullet is compatible to all your head.
  9. theranaware said:
    axe_par4 said:
    Hello frnd i jus bought a new motherboard!!
    n U want to buy another wid PS/2 port??

    new motherboards do not have PS/2 ports...
    !!


    is it so hard to put usb and ps2 to motherboard , like why are we paying so much money for and if u say like "it cost only few dollars" then cant the shitty motherboard company give the converter free coz it only cost few dollars .... i feel like breaking my mobo and set on fire these pc making company ... even slut is better ...i have windows 7 & cant install xp over it another sluttish work by m@#$%^&ucker bill gates , OK give me back my money coz now i cannot install xp , my xp cd is waste.....to all pc making company I had a gun whose bullet is compatible to all your head.


    My friend, those swearing is not going to balance the loss and misconduct these moder foking people brought to you

    this was an expensive experience for you and for any other person with the same condition to learn, dont buy their products, first download them free, (they call it pirating) then if they satisfy you with the money u spent,
    then buy their products and keep it for collections
Ask a new question

Read More

Games USB Components