Looking for a board in the $150-$170 range for i7

Status
Not open for further replies.

stylez777

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Hey all,

Been a while since I posted and needed some help. I am doing some system upgrades and I already purchased a i7 2700k. I am soon going to purchase a SSD (sf-2281 controller) once the one I want is back in stock. The SSD will be used as the main boot drive and will hold programs I mainly run while my 2 other WD 1TB drives will be used for running my games and storing videos/music. I am also going to purchase 16gb of ram to drop in.

Componnets I have now that I am not going to upgrade is my 5850 Graphics card and my PSU which is a 850w continuous. I don't ever plan on doing SLI or Crossfire 1 video card is more than enough for me. onboard sound is whatever I output to my A/V reciever does all the decoding.

I do plan on overclocking the i7 so would definatley like a board that will give me plenty of these options and the ability to push the chip as far as i can. I am doing air cooling as well.

Pretyt much that sums it all up. I know I am looking at a z68 or p67, I just don't know which board will give me the overclocking ability that I want and maximize my SSD drive while also maybe being future proof if possible while staying in the $150-$170 range (less is better too!) I don't see why I'd need to spend more then that on a board. Any help is appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS