3x2GB RAM Read as 1x6GB?

JTBrad

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hello,

My RAM is messed up. Windows reads it as 2GB's but I have 3x2GB sticks installed so 6GB in total I know each Ram stick works because I booted with all 3 one at a time.

Also Speccy reads it as 6GB so it knows I have 6GB but it says that it is running in Single Channel mode so as if it was a 1x6GB stick. Speccy Also shows that I only have 2GB as physical and the rest is "Virtual"

How do I fix this? Thanks.

JTBrad

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Woops sorry I should have included this in OP:

I installed them perfectly well, they have been running in Tripple channel mode and windows has been reading 6GB of like a year or more just recently it changed.

I have a Rampage III Extreme with 6GB of Trident DDR3 Tri-channel Memory all running at 2000Mhz.

Thanks for all the quick replies!

JTBrad

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
No no recent hardware changes, Unless connecting a new monitor counts but I don't see the relation with something like that. I have reseated all the RAM slots last night I took them all out and booted the computer up with one at a time to make sure they were all working and put them all back in properly and it changed nothing.

The weird thing is that SPECCY is reading 6GB but it only shows 2GB of physical and some how the rest has become virtual, Any ideas?

Thanks!