I have just completed a new PC build as follows :
- Gigabyte GAA55DS3P Motherboard
- AMD Llano A6-3500 CPU
- 4 Gb Corsair DDR3 1333MHz RAM
- Radeon HD4650 1Gb Video Card
- Western Digital 1Tb SATA Hard-drive
- Seagate Barracuda 1Tb Hard Drive (SATA)
- HP DVD Writer (SATA)
- Samsung DVD Writer (SATA)
All these components are new.
- Boot Order 1st - CDRom All others are disabled.
- All Hard Drives and Optical Drives are correctly recognised in the BIOS
- OnChip SATA Controller is enabled
- OnChip SATA Type is set as Native IDE
Problem I have is as follows :
The system starts up with no problem. I get a single beep then the standard Gigabyte Spashscreen
The message that appears next is "Boot from CD/DVD"
I then place the Windows 7 32 Bit Operation System Disk in the optical drive. Note I have tried using both drives.
The message then becomes "Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk and Press Enter"
If I press enter nothing happens; the system just hangs.
I have not been able to load any motherboard drivers or hard drive software. For some reasom, trying to load Seagate disk software loads ok but then fails to find the Seagate hard drive!
Any constructive help would be really welcome as I want to complete the system build and actually use it!