Sign in with
Your question

I messed something up and need help

Last response: in CPUs
June 28, 2011 6:15:21 PM

Hopefully you can help me or at least lead me to some diagnostic steps when I get home to try and fix this machine. I don't know the specs, I finally had it up and running yesterday and it was great, no problems. Normally I don't buy machines, another tech guy at my work and for a dualcore i7 with the components on it, is a wicked good price at 400.00 dollars.

I am trying to think of some of the specs, has 8gb of memory, holds up to 16, the board has two sli graphic cards, however I am only using one card. In the near future I will add two sli cards, main reason is I need more outputs for the displays.

This is where and when I received this message.

0xc000000f -- The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I do not have the disc, I may have one before I leave and go home, not sure if that will fix the problem or not. Never have used system restore, I believe this is the reason why it wants the Windows 7 CD

What happen

I decided I was going to keep it and buy it so I was going to deploy it in replace of my current machine and on the back it only had 2 DVI w/ 1 HDMI

I run 4 LCD displays, and like I said above, I don't have another SLI card, but I installed it the standard way when adding multiple GPU's, the first one was already installed, so I put in a PCI dual 1>DVI 1>VGA w/ svideo output

I also put in a soundcard to connect to my receiver.

Tested the machine before moving it, and received this error, I have not yet made it through POST, no Windows splash screen.

>> I then removed the PCI GPU and thet PCI Soundcard

Same error -- 0xc000000f -- The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

BTW, the HDD setup is

2 1TB sata 0 Raid, 1 1TB sata drive

I removed then the bios battery and removed all the RAM, nothing changed

I was able to click my other option which was TAB, and ran a Memory test, but didn't find anything and restarted with the same error showing.

I don't know what to do, please help me

More about : messed

a c 103 à CPUs
June 28, 2011 6:26:12 PM

Its trying to find the hard drive its been told to boot from,
go into bios and select the drive you want to boot from,
should sort it
Moto
m
l
June 28, 2011 6:45:47 PM

Why was it working fine until I changed the GPU, I mean added the PCI GPU. Or is it just a unstable RAID problem, the Raid 0 drives have the boot sector
m
l
Related resources
June 28, 2011 7:17:08 PM

I am going to do chkdsk off a UBCD

Aside from that, not sure yet. This message though, doesn't mean the HDD is damage is it, I really would like to avoid a wipe.
m
l
a c 103 à CPUs
June 28, 2011 7:26:19 PM

I reckon its a raid issue then or dying hdd,
see what chkdsk comes up with and hopefully someone who knows about raid stuff can help out too
Moto
m
l
June 28, 2011 7:36:33 PM

This may not help, but the same thing happened to me when I was messing with the Disk Management utility. I had changed my HDD to AHCI
m
l
!