Biostar TA880gu+ only posts some of the time

Magillicuddy

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Hello, today I installed a amd phenom II4x 960t processor into my mobo. Formerly it had an athlon II x4. I turned it on only the case fan in the back game on the power light at the front of the pc and a couple of red LEDS at the back of the mobo. I turned it off checked all my power connections and tried again. This time it loaded up and worked grand. I shut it down. The same thing that happened the first time happened. I turned it off, and turned it back on and it was again working. So odd. I tried it several times and it would work half the time and only run the rear fan half the time. Decided to try resetting the cmos so I moved the jumper and did that. It was a mistake...now it takes several attempts before it will start up in a normal way. I also tried putting the old CPU back in...same problem now. I am at a total loss for what this might be and havn't found anything that looks promising for fixing it. Do you guys have any suggestions? I chose this subcatagory since it was required and biostar wasn't on your mobo list.