Will it bottleneck

Hi, i dont know which to buy, cuz i have a AMD Phenom 9500, 4GB ram ddr2 dual channel and 9800gtx+, and i am planning to buy a ati 5870, the question is if my processor will bottleneck even if i turn off the TLB fix, or should i buy a new CPU first and then a new GPU?
12 answers Last reply
More about will bottleneck
  1. GA-MA74GM-S2H
  2. bump
  3. I think if you upgrade the CPU then you should get a new motherboard and DDR3 RAM as well. Your current CPU will bottleneck a 5870 but I would still get a new GPU 1st and maybe upgrade everything else later.
  4. alright thanks for help :D
  5. simon12 said:
    I think if you upgrade the CPU then you should get a new motherboard and DDR3 RAM as well. Your current CPU will bottleneck a 5870 but I would still get a new GPU 1st and maybe upgrade everything else later.

I disagree with that, his current gpu is bottlenecked by his cpu already. You can slot any amd quad core in that motherboard, a phenom x4 965 would be the best option, then upgrade the gpu.
  6. iam2thecrowe said:
    I disagree with that, his current gpu is bottlenecked by his cpu already. You can slot any amd quad core in that motherboard, a phenom x4 965 would be the best option, then upgrade the gpu.

Apologies you are correct I didn't look at the supported CPUs properly (I didn't scroll down to AM3). So yes I agree get the best value Phenom x4 you can them get the GPU. Also why the 5870 is there a deal on it somewhere?
  7. well i am planning on getting the amd phenom II x4 955 or 965, would you recommend a cheaper card but close to 5870 wchich can run games at 1440x900 and high settings with aa on?
  8. how much have you seen the 5870 for and what country are you in?
  9. from poland but im in ireland and the ati 5870 has different prices in different shops, ive seen one for 239 euro, but i looked at ati 5850 and i think it will be good
  10. ill look into it thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Bottleneck Components