Help with tri monitor setup.

ultimanium

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
So I recently got a trimonitor setup on sli 570's, and I run windows 7 x64. I'm really enjoying it in games, however, I dislike how when I maximize something, it spans all the monitors, and not just one, like with dual. What I'm wondering is, is there a way to make stuff like chrome, and office only maximize to one monitor, while games continue to maximize to all 3?

vTL123

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Since I don't have a Nvidia Card but do have have a Eyefinity Setup, I might be posting some ATI related stuff....but anyway.

Is your settings currently at Extend or Duplicate? If you hold 'Start' Key and then press 'p', it should display a mix of settings. When in 'Extend' it should just be like 3 different screens where you can maximise one program per screen. In 'Duplicate' the 3 screens should appear as one whole screen where any program maximised will take up all 3 screens.

In gaming, you can either run in 'Extend' where the game will take up the centre monitor or 'Duplicate' where the game will run with all 3 monitors. There are other options when you press 'start' and 'p' such as 'Computer only' and 'Projector only'.

ultimanium

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
that only lets me go on two monitors though. I can get what I want by setting it to activate all displays rather than surround gaming, but then I would have to switch modes when I want to game. I beleive hydravision could do what I want, but its only for ati cards...

vTL123

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Even with Hydra Vision, I have to manually select single monitor or 'Duplicate' if I wanted to game because Windows is running on the other 2 screens if the program/game only takes up one screen which throttles down the GFX Card down to Windows Aero Speed (725Mhz -> 157Mhz). Which totally sucks.

Well, looks like I don't have an answer to your problem. There are some other programs like Hydra Vision but Hydra Vision is a little glitchy for me.