Will this specs is good for gaming for 20fps

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
Hello,im currently using pentium d gigabyte 945gzm-s2 and 3gb of ram and 1gb xfx 9500gt ddr2 when i installed nfs hot pursuit 2010
im getting only 8-15fps ..when i searched regarding this in the internet i found out that core2duo 2.66ghz will make the game run smoothly at 20fps..as this processor is 65nm i decided to buy a dual core e5700 3ghz and asus P5G41CM-LY mobo and the same graphic card my doubt is will this specs will make nfs hp and other games play smoothly at 20 fps

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
All games will vary on frames per second. The graphics card you have however isnt built for gaming so dont expect too much from it. The problem with replacing what you currenty have with a spec thats not too much higher, is that you'll be spending a fair amount of money now and then will have to upgrade it again in a few months time when the next games comes out that you want to play. Realistically your probably better putting your money into a console (xbox 360 or ps3) if your not going to drastically upgrade your current PC.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
hey thanks for ur idea but im not going to change the system after i upgrade this specs as im going to buy a alienware laptop after 2 years just for this 2 years i want the games to be played in 15-20 fps can i buy this system which can run games in this fps for just 1and half year

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
or can i buy AMD Athlon II X3 450 , Asus MotherBoard - M4A78LT-M LE,3gb ddr3 ram and 1gb 9500gt which is the same card i chose this mobo coz it has hybrid crossfire x which also enables onboard graphics with my discrete card so i can get higher frame rates can use this system config for 3yrs and if required i will upgrade the ram and graph card ..i think this will be cheap than intel with the ram included