3D PC monitor?

tlg91

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
i am after buying a 3d pc monitor but i also want to use it for my playstation 3 as i dont want to splash out 3-4g for a 3dtv just yet.

but i was wondering i know i need the nvidia 3d vision kit for 3d viewing on the pc but if i hooked it up to my ps3 through hdmi cable would i only need a set of glasses, or for that would i need a steroscopic screen?

i was also wondering which is the best 3d pc monitor to get i have seen alot of 120hz but nothing higher which i preferably wanted. and just for the record im not bothered about wearing glasses so i wont wait for glassesless screens as for one they wont be as good. also price isn't an issue i just want to know what the best possible option is so i can compare. thanks

tlg91

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010

Thank you. I understand I need glasses and an immiter, does the nvidia immiter only work on pc or does it plug into the monitor?

I have also ben looking at a new monitor the Acer hs244hq. This seems to have an Immiter built in and glasses come with it so it's more like a small 3Dtv, but I can't seem to find this for sale anywhere. I am in the uk so I don't know if it's available anywhere else but I would love for someone to give me some info on a place to buy this or a release date. Thanks

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
The nvidia emmiter plugs into a USB port and is software enabled so it's not going to work without a PC. Most of the 3d monitors available aren't going to work with the PS3 because they don't have HDMI 1.4a, they use dual link dvi for 120hz input. The Acer hs244hq advertises itself as being the first ever 3d monitor to include hdmi 1.4 so that might be your only choice if you don't want to buy a large 3d tv.

tlg91

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
thanks good job i asked first i usually get to haisty and just go and buy what i want lol,

so does anyone know when this ACER HS244HQ is coming out for sale?