2nd Graphics Card Not Detected

I just built a new PC with an ASUS P8P67 PRO, a Core i5-2500 and 2 GTX 460s. THe first one (which has been detected) is the MSI Cyclone 1GB version, and the second one (not detected) is also an MSI card, using the reference cooler and 768MB of VRAM. For some reason the computer isn't detecting the second card, and when I open the Nvidia Control Panel there are no SLI options. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers many times. What should I do??
5 answers Last reply
More about graphics card detected
  1. You cannot run the 1GB card and the 768MB card together in SLi.
  2. Mousemonkey said:
    You cannot run the 1GB card and the 768MB card together in SLi.

    I think you can.... I watched a video about that
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS5rBS8n-LM
  3. I'm agree with MM, there...
    As far as I know you can't use 2 different cards on SLI mode, they must be exactly the same type...
  4. Cs342 said:
    I think you can.... I watched a video about that
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS5rBS8n-LM

    The 192 bit bus and 256 bit bus is the stumbling block, you can watch and post as many youtube videos as you like but it doesn't change the fact that it won't work.
  5. wa1 said:
    I'm agree with MM, there...
    As far as I know you can't use 2 different cards on SLI mode, they must be exactly the same type...

    There are a couple of exceptions but for the most part that's true.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics