System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, HDD

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country of Origin: U.S.

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200

Additional Comments: Would like some advice as to which case I should go with. The $9 difference isn't a big deal so which ever one is the better of the two is the one I'll buy. The motherboard I have listed is out of stock so I'll wait till it is in stock to buy unless you think there is a better board for the money. I will be buying only one GPU at first and getting another later on. Also if you think there is a better SSD or anything else for that matter I'll take the advice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case:
COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
or
Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

CPU:
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

CPU Fan:
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler

GPU:
XFX HD-695A-CNFC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

MOBO:
ASUS P8P67-M PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

PSU:
Seasonic SS-850HT 850W ATX12V v2.31,EPS12V v2.92 80Plus Silver Certified, Active PFC Power Supply - OEM

Optical Drive:
LITE-ON 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner with 3D PlaybackiHBS212 LightScribe

SSD:
Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
12 answers Last reply
More about 1500 gaming build
  1. Really nice build! Are you putting in 2 x 6950s from the start? For your case... both choices are really good. If I had to choose probably the 900 Two v3 over the HAF922. If you were to say the 932 I'd probably choose that over the 900Two :)
  2. so, since your getting the 2500k I'm assuming your gonna overclock..if that's the case, especially considering your budget, change the mobo...get a p8p67 pro at least..better power phases, better stability...

Everything else looks good..seasonic psu's are very good so no problems there..

since your planning to crossfire, I'm assuming 2 6950's...so..thats good..you can unlock it to have some 6970 capabilities if that will tickle your fancy..

As for 8Gb of ram..if its mostly for gaming..get 4gb of ram @ 1600mhz...you don't need more than that
  3. Build guide in mah siggy. Just saying.
  4. Everything looks great. You have chosen high quality components that will not disappoint you.

I suggest getting the ASUS P8P67 Pro board because it has two expansion slots between GPUs to enhance the airflow. You also get Bluetooth and an extra SATA 3 6.0Gb/s connector with the P8P67 Pro.

Both those cases do a great job at keeping things cool. I'd go for the one that looks the best to you.
    The Antec 900 2 has the black interior that looks great and has a USB3.0 front connector.
    the CM HAF 922 has better cable management in my opinion and is dead silent.
  5. Get a corsair 600T case..awesome cable management..and you can now get a side panel with a window, or mesh to install fans to keep temps low...but as I said..the pro, is your best price/performance board right now!
  6. Kind of confused about you guys saying to get the P8P67 Pro when that is the one I linked. It sounds like the one that you guys may be talking about is the ASUS P8P67 DELUXE because that one has everything that pacioli described, is this correct?
  7. you chose the m-pro..m being a micro atx..they are smaller in size, and in some cases, more limited in terms of features..the motherboard I'm talking about is a standard ATX form factor... and the P8P67 pro is a great motherboard and is priced according to features and performance
  8. ^ Probably, the Deluxe isn't worth it though. Get the Pro or the Asrock Extreme4 P67. I recommend the Asrock. Cheaper by 20$ and OCs and performs just the same, sometimes even better.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1098/pg2/asrock-extreme4-p67-and-fatal1ty-professional-p67-vs-x58-with-core-i7-950-review-asrock-p67-extreme4.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4080/welcome-to-sandy-bridge-with-the-asrock-p67-extreme4/7

As for cases the 902 is a better deal with the USB 3.0 headers and black interior. It just looks cleaner. I have a 902 (not V3) and it cable managed so nicely with my modular PSU.
  9. The AsRock board is a good motherboard..but, frankly, at this point it's a matter of opinion...OP you can't go wrong with the Deluxe, Pro, Or AsRock Extreme. Either way you'll be able to get a good oc out of your chip on any...however, more inclined to purchase the Asus boards due to brand loyalty, reliability, etc...Although, like i said, it's a matter of opinion..and in my opinion you should get the P8P67 Pro (non-micro) board, or if you want slightly more goodies..The Deluxe board.
  10. Sounds good, thanks for the clarification.
  11. no problem...do a bit of research on your own if your still skeptical..But, If you want quality, get the Deluxe board.. I did some builds with it and its fantastic..
  12. Hmm that's strange I could've sworn the Asrock Extreme4 is on par and benches in some cases better than a board 20$ more than itself. (P8P67 Pro).

It is however preference in most cases. 200$+ boards aren't really needed anymore though when a 160$ board can compete with it overclocking wise and performance wise.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product