Sign in with
Your question

Change the motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
March 2, 2012 5:33:54 PM

I have a problem whit my motherboard ...
I wanted do upgrade my graphic card and i got an Nvidia geforce 210 512 DDR2 ... but when i opened my computer to change the graphic card i noticed that i don't have slots on my motherboard they where removed ... all i'v got was only 2 slots for RAM that i was using and now i'm looking for a motherboard that is compatible with my system.

System information:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor 2700 MHz
Motherboard: FOXCONN 2AAF
Video Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio

The sound and the video card are incorporated in the motherboard.
So i am looking for new motherboard that is compatible with my CPU and and that have modem and sound card incorporated.
Any suggestions where to look for one preferably a cheap one.

More about : change motherboard

a c 435 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
March 2, 2012 5:41:21 PM

Is this an oem system (dell ,packard bell, etc)? Do you have a separate windows operating system or is it oem specific?
March 2, 2012 5:48:58 PM

no is not an oem system and my os is windows 7
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
March 2, 2012 5:59:39 PM

For ddr3, this board will work: Biostar A880GZ am3+ for $69.99 shipped at newegg.com. I use biostar in both my amd systems. The board I chose supports your cpu, and will even run the new bulldozer cpus (4100,6100,8120) if you want to upgrade later. You'll pay more for other brands with this 880 chipset. Hope your vender carries it. Use an am3+ board and verify it runs with your cpu by going to the webpage for your board and use the "cpu support" list. Don't take someone's word for it.
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
March 2, 2012 7:24:04 PM

My search said the foxconn 2aaf uses ddr3; pull a ram stick to be sure if you don't know before ordering the motherboard, though the asrock board that has both ddr2 and ddr3 slots should work and is affordable. The 215 is a low energy am3 cpu.
March 3, 2012 3:32:20 AM

from my experience through others asrock tends to have lots of on start problems and breaks now easier.
!