New Build, got everything but need mobo suggestions

TriggerMolester

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Hey guys! :hello: I'm new here and would appreciate some suggestions

I know there is a template for just this topic but I just got out of classes and am going to work right now and would like to have some answers by tonight so I apologize but I will still give all the pertinent info.

I will only be using this rig for gaming through hdmi on my 50" Panny Plasma (1920x1080) preferably at the highest settings.

I am really burnt out :pt1cable: from scouring deals + combos and parts as this is my FIRST build so I would LOVE (and NEED) some suggestions for a mobo that is compatible with what I have so far and that will be cable of SLI for 2 GTX 560s which I am waiting to purchase.

I am willing to spend up to $200 but would prefer something closer to $150 (for the mobo)

What I have so far (in my cart on newegg):

Case - Lian Li PC-V1020B
CPU - i5 2500k Sandy Bridge
PSU - Corsair HX Series CMPSU-850HX
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866
HDD - WD RE4 WD5003ABYX 500GB 7200 RPM
Op. Drive - Samsung Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model SH-B123L

So aside from suggestions I also want to make sure everything else looks good to you guys.

Thanks

- Drew

TriggerMolester

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
thanks for the suggestions majin, one thing that has been confusing me about SLI are the PCIe 2.0 x16 slots...

for example:

the p8p67 pro = 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slots (Single@x16 or dual@x8/x8 mode or dual@x16/x1 mode) 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (black, max.@x4 mode, compatible with PCIe x 1 and x4 devices

the ASRock p67 = 3 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots (PCIE2/PCIE4: single at x16 or dual at x8/x8 mode; PCIE5: x4 mode)

now I think I remember reading that ideally for SLI you want both cards at x16... so I'm guessing when they say "single at x16" this means the second card is at x8 or x4 is that correct? and if so, is that a noticeable loss in performance?

also, if it says it has 2 or 3 slots that are x16, why can only one card utilize x16

I apologize if this info and/or logic is wrong but I am really confused and trying to figure this out (while sneaking on here at work lol) to finalize an order tonight (minus the GPUs)

thanks again

TRENDING THREADS