Sign in with
Your question

Wired or wirless

Last response: in Networking
July 27, 2010 12:01:37 AM

hi there
im gonna go with 2 mb internet speed for 500$ for 1 year its to expensive i know but anyway i want to take full advantage of that connection because 2mb speed the download speed will be 250 K/s is wirless connection is good enough or wired connection is there only wired modem because i have linksys wirless and wired modem please help me
thanks.

More about : wired wirless

July 27, 2010 1:53:14 PM

johnnyq8 said:
hi there
im gonna go with 2 mb internet speed for 500$ for 1 year its to expensive i know but anyway i want to take full advantage of that connection because 2mb speed the download speed will be 250 K/s is wirless connection is good enough or wired connection is there only wired modem because i have linksys wirless and wired modem please help me
thanks.

I really dont know what you are asking and also I think you are getting your terms mix up. wired modem because i have linksys wireless/wired modem (think you meant router)?

Also some ISP when they give you a MODEM it sometimes has a built in wireless router for ex i know Verizon does this.

Now if you just get a modem you can connect it to a wireless router and have wireless internet or you can connect wired connection to that router and have wired connection or both.

I assume your asking whats better? Obviously wired is better less interference but the only problem with wired is length and running cables (makes it look messy)
July 27, 2010 3:36:10 PM

Slightly off topic....

PERIODS. Separate ideas into sentences. Thanks.
Related resources
July 27, 2010 5:17:09 PM

^^ what he said.
July 27, 2010 11:40:58 PM

yeah im asking what is better wired or wirless but it looks the wired is better
!