Wired or wirless

hi there
im gonna go with 2 mb internet speed for 500$ for 1 year its to expensive i know but anyway i want to take full advantage of that connection because 2mb speed the download speed will be 250 K/s is wirless connection is good enough or wired connection is there only wired modem because i have linksys wirless and wired modem please help me
thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about wired wirless
  1. johnnyq8 said:
    hi there
    im gonna go with 2 mb internet speed for 500$ for 1 year its to expensive i know but anyway i want to take full advantage of that connection because 2mb speed the download speed will be 250 K/s is wirless connection is good enough or wired connection is there only wired modem because i have linksys wirless and wired modem please help me
    thanks.

I really dont know what you are asking and also I think you are getting your terms mix up. wired modem because i have linksys wireless/wired modem (think you meant router)?

Also some ISP when they give you a MODEM it sometimes has a built in wireless router for ex i know Verizon does this.

Now if you just get a modem you can connect it to a wireless router and have wireless internet or you can connect wired connection to that router and have wired connection or both.

I assume your asking whats better? Obviously wired is better less interference but the only problem with wired is length and running cables (makes it look messy)
  2. Slightly off topic....

PERIODS. Separate ideas into sentences. Thanks.
  3. ^^ what he said.
  4. yeah im asking what is better wired or wirless but it looks the wired is better
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Modem Internet Networking