Buy a sound card or stick to on board audio?

im buying either a p67 or z68 motherboard for my first build..i listen to music alot on my pc i have this audio system in my room and i use my pc more then i use that

im wondering if i should get a sound card for my music playing i dont game at all..is it really that much better then on board? there would have to be a significant difference to warrant this purchase or a significant reason such as on board for these mobos having issues something like that

i use these speakers http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-GigaWorks-T40-Series-II-Speakers/M/B001S14DYO.htm

i have all high quality mp3s and of my fav bands i have them all in lossless format

so do you think i should get a sound card and if so which one..it needs to have any problems working within windows 7
4 answers Last reply
More about sound card stick board audio
  1. Use your onboard audio first. Only look for a discrete audio card in case you are not too convinced/satisfied with the onboard audio experience.
  2. Well your not an audiopphile if your using Creative speakers so Onboard audio should suite you just fine.
  3. popatim said:
    Well your not an audiopphile if your using Creative speakers so Onboard audio should suite you just fine.

well im not full fledged audiophile just cause i cant afford to be most of the time..audiophile standards are expensive ones..would love to have the best of the best but cant..i said im an economical audiophile
  4. Upgrade to something like Klipsch audio Promedia 2.1 before worrying about sound card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Audio Components