Sign in with
Your question

Buy a sound card or stick to on board audio?

Last response: in Components
June 29, 2011 7:40:32 PM

im buying either a p67 or z68 motherboard for my first build..i listen to music alot on my pc i have this audio system in my room and i use my pc more then i use that

im wondering if i should get a sound card for my music playing i dont game at all..is it really that much better then on board? there would have to be a significant difference to warrant this purchase or a significant reason such as on board for these mobos having issues something like that

i use these speakers http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-GigaWorks-T40-Ser...

i have all high quality mp3s and of my fav bands i have them all in lossless format

so do you think i should get a sound card and if so which one..it needs to have any problems working within windows 7
June 29, 2011 8:07:28 PM

Use your onboard audio first. Only look for a discrete audio card in case you are not too convinced/satisfied with the onboard audio experience.
m
l
June 29, 2011 8:08:07 PM

Well your not an audiopphile if your using Creative speakers so Onboard audio should suite you just fine.
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2011 8:09:21 PM

popatim said:
Well your not an audiopphile if your using Creative speakers so Onboard audio should suite you just fine.

well im not full fledged audiophile just cause i cant afford to be most of the time..audiophile standards are expensive ones..would love to have the best of the best but cant..i said im an economical audiophile
m
l
June 30, 2011 6:20:35 AM

Upgrade to something like Klipsch audio Promedia 2.1 before worrying about sound card.
m
l
!