"Tractor beam overpowered by tow target's engines"

hello you all,

I´m playing VGAP4 again, after stopped some months ago. Anyway, I´m
doing some sims, and I couldn´t tow a RED WIND (privs) full of
fighters (docked, almost 400) with a MCBR. I set the MCBR´s speed to
190, used gravitonic accelerator and travelled 380 ly. In the next
turn, I received a log message from the MCBR :

"Tactor beam overpowered by tow target's engines"

The red wind was at speed 1. The MCBR was set to tow the red wind.

Anyone knows what have happened and How can I fix that?!

PS: all the ships were at my HW.

Thanks a lot by now.
rgfiorentini.

how can i turn off my engines? just put at speed 0 ?!

Yes.

And remove all waypoints... that really shouldn't matter, but I've
learned to take no chances. :)

I've been able to tow under both circumstances within the last host
change.

I'll HYP to a Target, steal it's fuel, board it, and tow it away... all
in the same turn.

Just ask many of my enemies in FEoL4.