Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Final decision CM Storm scout or 690 2 advanced

Last response: in Components
June 30, 2011 2:14:56 AM

Hello all,

I'm getting to the final decision about the case and those 2 are left. From what I saw there is no much difference between the 2 except 690 2 advanced is a little bit more roomier. I can get the storm scout significantly cheaper, so is it worth to add money for the 692.

Thanks
a b ) Power supply
June 30, 2011 2:27:51 AM

The storm scout is 80 on newegg after rebate and uses drive rails (yuk imo) but I do like the angled front panel connectors

the 690 II is also 80 on newegg after rebate. It uses drive trays (i like) but I dislike the top mounted 'front panel' ports. They would not work for me as I do need them on the front.

So now that there is no price difference, get what works best for you.
Score
June 30, 2011 3:03:45 AM

popatim said:
The storm scout is 80 on newegg after rebate and uses drive rails (yuk imo) but I do like the angled front panel connectors

the 690 II is also 80 on newegg after rebate. It uses drive trays (i like) but I dislike the top mounted 'front panel' ports. They would not work for me as I do need them on the front.

So now that there is no price difference, get what works best for you.

Thanks. It's a difficult decision, can you give me some other differences except the size? I actually can get the storm for 70, but I'm a little bit worry because it has smaller size and can have problems with airflow or/and with big GPUs. Am I right about it?
Score
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
June 30, 2011 7:30:08 AM

+1 for Storm Scout :) 
Score

Best solution

June 30, 2011 8:27:41 AM

If you are getting any 69xx series ATI cards, forget the Storm Scout, as they won't fit without a lot of cutting on the HDD cage. I went with the Azza first, then switched to the HAF 932. I suggest the older HAF 922 if you want to save a few bucks (~$100 now), and it will take any vid card. (add a couple bucks for black spraypaint to coat the MB tray tho)
a b ) Power supply
June 30, 2011 4:32:11 PM

using scout well serve with it
Score
July 9, 2011 9:02:32 AM

Best answer selected by svadimr.
Score
a b ) Power supply
July 9, 2011 1:57:16 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!