Sign in with
Your question

Please help me choose CPU cooler

Last response: in Components
June 30, 2011 2:19:20 AM

Hello,
Hello everyone. I've been slowly but surely trying to put the components together for my first computer build. Really MUSIC and secondly video would be my main needs, and then web applications. needing it for music I really want it to be quiet. really quiet if possible. that sound of noisy fans in the background while you are seriously listening to Jazz or CLASSICAL DRIVES MY CRAZY. not to mention if you've movie running and you've got the fan noise in background. Saving up for a Xonar HDAV1.3 sound card but I've got just abut everything else to get going so it's time to put it all together. So far I've got GIGABYTE 870A-UD3 motherboard, AMD PHENOM II x4 975 Black edition Processor, 8GB G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL DDR3-1333 Ram, Western Digital 2TB WD2001FASS Caviar Black Hard Drive, Western Digital 1TB caviar Black WD1001FALS 2dn hard Drive, Cooler Master Silent God 1200 watt power supply, EVGA Geforce GT 520 graphics card, LG Electronics GBW-H20L Blu-Ray Super Multi, ThermaltakeSpedo Full case. So I'm down to picking the right CPU Cooler that will be as quiet as I can hopefully get while still chilling the cpu the right way. I'm thinking of also lining the case with noise dampening materials. Any one has some experience with these components I've chosen and possible choices for a CPU cooler that would fit my needs for SILENCE. I saw the Cooler Master V8 which looked pretty cool but didn't know if it was truely quiet in real world. Also what's opinion on the noise dampening materials??? Thanks greatly in advance!!!

More about : choose cpu cooler

June 30, 2011 2:59:49 AM

just a tip, 8gb of ram is way overkill for what you are using it for. you really dont need more than 2gb.
i have 4gb on my home pc and i rarely go above two. only on some games (asassins creed brotherhood), or if i'm using photoshop + after effects do i use more than 2gb. never 4.
m
l
June 30, 2011 3:11:28 AM

Thanks you! So far I haven't done much gaming but in the future maybe! then the extra ram might come in handy. I'm also going to be doing some basic music production and so wanted to have enough memory should I run midi samples and such and multi-track recording.
m
l
!